Old 7 Dec 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
2 weeks with the family... are we crazy?! Going Home

13 Oct into 14

This morning we woke up about 0830 and as we hadn’t unpacked we just had to put our last few bits and pieces into our bags.

We used up some of our remaining bread to have toast and coffee for breakfast.

Kev, Sharna, Leona and Charlie went to the Magic Kingdom early to ride Space Mountain (70 min SB) while we stayed in the room for a bit longer (we were repeatedly bothered by housekeeping which was annoying.)

We called down and got Bell Services to collect our many bags before leaving the room just before 1100. I’m pretty sure we returned the second car to the Car Care Centre at this point.

We headed into the Magic Kingdom (obviously) and met the others and then we did a couple of last rides: Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain using our FP.

I’m sure there was also some last minute shopping as we left the park, we dropped off the stroller at Bell Services as we had arranged to pass it on to another family via facebook.

We then headed to the marina for Kev, Sharna and the kids to go out on a pontoon boat, then Dad decided to take a Searaycer out. Rob, mum and I stayed to watch them and so we got some snacks (I had a Mickey Bar, Rob had fries) and then Dad reappeared having got soaked by the wake of another boat!

The others got off and we grabbed a few snacks for the kids and then dropped them back at Bay Lake to catch the Magical Express. We got our bags and headed off towards the airport on our own.

We got there at about 1530, dropped off the car and checked in with Thomas Cook and realised that we had left Rob’s magickeeper on the car keys. He went back to the garage but the car was already gone

Security was ridiculous - it was so busy that there were signs up saying that you couldn’t enter the line until 2 hours before departure. At this stage the wait was posted as 33-37 mins.

I got changed into jeans and we waited for a little bit before going through and the wait had dropped to 22-26 minutes! There were also massive lines for food on the other side

We got Burger King which was ok but not exactly exciting then waited in departure lounge (the rest turned up when we were at burger king.) Our flight was due to leave at 1840 but delayed till 1920 and we actually departed about 2000.

The flight was ok, only one meal option which was chicken. I decided to just have the tray without the chicken which was cheese and biscuits, bread roll and some form of cake.

I watched Solo before trying to sleep which I managed for a few hours although oddly the Premium seats seemed slightly uncomfortable for sleeping in.

I woke up around breakfast time but didn’t have any – I’m not even sure what they were serving! We landed just after 0830 and for once didn’t have a huge line at passport control! It still took me 2 attempts to get through the electronic gate though.

The bags took a little longer (although not as long as on the other side) and once we were through we met the taxi driver and took the bags to the car with the rest of the group.

We knew there was a train due any minute so we speed walked to the station and managed to catch a train which was actually running late and got us to Clapham Junction just after 1000.

As we now had some time until our train we grabbed some drinks (flat white and tea) and breakfast (sausage roll and bacon and cheese puff) while waiting for the train which was 3 mins late at 1025.

We arrived back at home around 1230, it was of course raining and we hadn’t brought coats with us. But mum and dad had come down to drive us home (20 min walk) after getting back slightly earlier than us

We then had a 2 hour nap before collecting our dog from kennels at 4pm. In an effort to avoid jet lag we then watched some tv and had pizza for dinner!

Edited at 03:09 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List