Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 Nov 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
adidassler
Helping Minnie

Kennedy Space Centre

I'm keen (very) to get to Kennedy, I think the only chance I'll get during our holiday next year ( due to everyone else not being interested in Space (what?!) is on the way to Port Canaveral to get on our ship.

Out ship leaves at 4 and I'd like to be there for probably 2, the port is very close to Kennedy so that's fine, and I can be there for as close to 9 as traffic allows from Orlando.

My question is for those who've been, can i do it justice in what would probably be 4.5 hours?..Appreciate the lunch with an astronaut is out, I'm just keen to do Apollo/Saturn V/shuttle/Gemini

thanks x
adidassler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yeah I'd say you could easily. It's a struggle to make a day out of it if you don't do the dining etc, so should be fine. Prob even get the bus tour in.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Yeah I'd say you could easily. It's a struggle to make a day out of it if you don't do the dining etc, so should be fine. Prob even get the bus tour in.
We have never struggled to make a day of it and are normally being herded out after the last IMAX film of the day - having arrived at opening!

4.5 hours will be fine for a relatively quick tour of what you want, but not if you are "lingerers" like us...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

You should manage a truncated visit but will you enjoy it having to keep an eye on the clock? There really is so much to do, it got to 5pm closing time and we wished we had longer.
Old 2 Nov 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
adidassler
Helping Minnie

Thanks for replying guys. I could 100% make a full day out of it, I love space/rockets but my family don't get it :-(
My son even claims the world is flat- although I'm pretty sure that's just to wind me up!
adidassler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adidassler View Post
Thanks for replying guys. I could 100% make a full day out of it, I love space/rockets but my family don't get it :-(
My son even claims the world is flat- although I'm pretty sure that's just to wind me up!
Take them to the memorial - even moved my teenage daughters who have no interest in space really.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
41/2 hrs is certainly better than nothing, and if it is going to be your only opportunity to visit it, then I'd definitely try to fit it in.
For us, it is an all day event. We've been twice before and DH and the kids are wanting to go again next year. There is so much to see, do and read.
Old 2 Nov 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We certainly made a whole day of it and our 4 year old grandson loved it and didnt want to leave. I wasnt sure for myself but there is a lot to see and do and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If it is your only opportunity then definitely go for it.

Penny
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Surprised you say that. I was always unsure whether I would enjoy KSC but absolutely loved it and find it to be a full day even without the add ons.
If there is only 4.5 hours you should still go but you won’t be able to fully do it justice.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The bus tour/Apollo area alone took about 3 hours. Definitely a full day but if that’s your only opportunity...

Even if you’re not particularly interested in space...it’s still interesting.

Astonishing to me that we sent someone to space in the 1960’s. I still can’t really fathom it all.

Seeing the teacher in space got to me, don’t know why I just burst into tears
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List