Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Feb 11, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Inside to Ouside is it worth Upgrading

Im doing the transatlantic westbound, cruise only booked cat 11 gty just saw on disney that they have an outside cabin cat OGT for $80 more - with restrictions - no changes no refunds or promotions can be applied and needs to be paid in full.

Is it worth it - not really want to plan changes as one way flights are already booked (but keep thinkng what if i do need to change!) and what promotions or discounts have they applied in the past to the cruises is it worth holding on to what i have booked.

advicegreatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 11, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I would go with the outside, especially on deck 2 or higher with the larger porthole.
As long as you are certain you won`t need to make changes it seems like a bargain.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 11, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you I am very tempted, however speaking to the travel agent they say still lots of availabilty and in the past there have been some good discounts on this cruise.

Just wondering last year what was the best rate for 11c inside and the cheapest outside cabins and if after booking what discounts were applied.

Lol even more confused now.

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 11, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
We too have a GTY inside Chris. I think we will be ok with that. We've never stayed in an inside cabin before. We really aren't in our cabin that much, but we've only sailed on short cruises.

I must admit I keep looking to see if any outside or verandah's become available at a reasonable price

$80 sounds ok. I don't like the restrictions though. I do like to tweak...
Old 2 Feb 11, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

last year the cheapest WBTA was $999 for an inside we booked with DVC points eventually. However at one point we were going to get a cat.8 for $3500 for two. That seemed alot
They did heavily discount the cruise closer to the time but only for military, TA`s and CM`s and the ship sailed full.
It was a fantastic cruise though with great entertainment. You will love it
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 11, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
hi, we have also booked inside gty but have no idea what it means, can anyone tell us what it means lol, thanks susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 11, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by susie View Post
hi, we have also booked inside gty but have no idea what it means, can anyone tell us what it means lol, thanks susie
Susie
It means that you are guaranteed at least the stateroom cabin level you have paid for but may be upgraded to something better.

We had a Cat 11c GTY (then a 12) on last years Med cruise but got upgraded to a 9a which had a big window.

On our Dream cruise last week we booked a 9a GTY but got upgraded to a 6a with the biggest veranda I've ever seen!
Old 2 Feb 11, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Susie
It means that you are guaranteed at least the stateroom cabin level you have paid for but may be upgraded to something better.

We had a Cat 11c GTY (then a 12) on last years Med cruise but got upgraded to a 9a which had a big window.

On our Dream cruise last week we booked a 9a GTY but got upgraded to a 6a with the biggest veranda I've ever seen!
thats great thank you, fingers crossed for an upgrade then lol, susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 11, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread