Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
I said “could” not would. It doesn’t quantify what is meant be “good standing in local community” means so I was offering an alternative.

I thought you owned your own business which I also mentioned.

I actually looked at the passport site and what they said again and disagreed that it could be just anyone.
I didn’t mean to sound rude, so apologies if I came across that way.

I work for myself part time, and in reality anyone could work for themselves and have a business even if they’ve served a life prison sentence for murder. Even the travellers that do dodgy work have a business.

The initial post the op made didn’t mention that they seem to know nobody at all, which is quite rare especially as they go to school. Most people hate me, but even I found someone to sign my passport. In fact I asked my window cleaner (he’s squeaky clean).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vowels View Post
Would be seriously impressed if you got Pope Francis to countersign your passport.
He's not a British citizen so couldn't do it
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aladdin View Post
it seems mad to me that he literally knows no one over the age of 18?

sure he has neighbours? he must talk to someone outside of you?

hope you get it sorted
It’s not just a case of knowing over 18’s.
It says they have to be upstanding people, not the local druggy that lives next door.

Most of the people he knows don’t have their own passports either which they need to have. He himself doesn’t have a passport and neither does his partner.

People need to stop saying he must surely know people, if he did I wouldn’t have asked in the first place.
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I didn’t mean to sound rude, so apologies if I came across that way.

I work for myself part time, and in reality anyone could work for themselves and have a business even if they’ve served a life prison sentence for murder. Even the travellers that do dodgy work have a business.

The initial post the op made didn’t mention that they seem to know nobody at all, which is quite rare especially as they go to school. Most people hate me, but even I found someone to sign my passport. In fact I asked my window cleaner (he’s squeaky clean).
Sorry if I sounded rude too, in the middle of an argument with my daughter, not a good idea!
I think business wise it has to be registered with companies house!
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You just need to think outside the box, there will be a business he uses or someone the family have contact with , breakfast club, after school Club , working Mums at the school gates, do the kids do any out of school activities , pharmacist they get their prescriptions done at etc
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do they get their hair cut? Does that person own their own business?
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Does anyone you know who could sign it know your ex's children for 2 years?

Doesn't have to be daily contact or even that frequently at all, just for a period of time. Could be one of your friends.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would be appealing to the school to reconsider. Would you be able to ask for a meeting and let them know there is literally no one else to sign them and there is a chance the kids may not be able to go on holiday because of it?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

His or his partners friends that works, what do they do? Just thinking among my circle of friends and there are teachers, police officers, lawyers, surveyors, hairdressers (own business), nurses, local government officers. There are a lot of people when you really think about who you come into contact with daily.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Does anyone you know who could sign it know your ex's children for 2 years?

Doesn't have to be daily contact or even that frequently at all, just for a period of time. Could be one of your friends.
Yes, I think one of my friends is willing to sign.
He doesn’t know them very well but had met them during the past few years
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread