Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Apr 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbellmad
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Help? What area to hire villa!

Hi! So Iv been looking at different villas & I’m so overwhelmed by it all. I’m not familiar with areas but I’m guessing davenport & Kissimmee are my best bet but where about as their are thousands of villas 😩 ideally we would like to be close to restaurants etc as we don’t want to be ‘to far out’. Last time we went we stayed on idrive & lived all the eating places but now we have a family a villa is better choice.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for where is good place/area? Thanks!
tinkerbellmad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Emerald Isle is nice. Gated community near shops and parks and about 10 minutes from Disney in good traffic. Clubhouse on site too.
We are trying Champions gate this year as they have shops and eateries on site and a lazy river which will be great for the kids.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Everyone will have a different opinion of what they think is a good area based on a variety of reasons. The best thing to do is make a list of things that you want in the villa as you will be spending quite a bit of time there. I would suggest putting a request in the villa rental section with your party size, dates and any particular features that you want. Good luck with your search!

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Put a request in on here
State number of party , intended dates...and any preferences for you from a villa...ie near to Disney, not overlooked at poolside, view from terrace and pool, gamesroom , extras for kids
then you will receive quotes only from dibb owners who have your dates...no need to search for availability!
then you can research the community location etc on here!
Sorted!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

We love the Sunset Lakes community in Four Corners (next to Emerald Isle, as someone else has suggested). It is gated but doesn't have the big clubhouse facilities that some offer, so it is quieter (worked for us as we never wanted to leave our pool anyway!). It is closer to the Disney parks but we never drove for longer than 25 minutes to the Universal end of town. Whilst the nearest shops and restaurants are less than a couple of miles, driving is probably is more feasible than walking. We will be heading back there next year!
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Location matters but I'd say that quality and features matter more. At the risk of giving consistent but boring advice, the big picture is that villa itself is more important, as this is where you'll spend anywhere from 8-18 hours a day - an extra 2, 4, 6, 8 even 10 minutes travel time is neither here nor there in that context.

And it case it helps, there are four ways of looking at villas on the dibb:

1) to search by features. (Also see here for features desired by Dibb guests.)

2) to search by location

3) to make a request setting out the dates you are going as far as you can what you are looking for

4) use the Click to see my villa link along the sides of the forum.
This should be a sticky, so much information you have to type time and time again! Always appreciated of course!
Old 29 Apr 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
brown78p
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I agree with comments made, but would add that there are so many villas to chose from all similar locations go by what you want from a villa first. E.g. we need a hot tub, south facing, pool table, preferably in the house not a garage etc. Be picky, you can be would be my advice after 20 years of going in villas.
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
andreab
Excited about Disney

andreab's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When we were looking last year for this coming summer, I did a Dibbs search after doing a list of what was the most important things for us. I wanted a hot tub, not to be overlooked, south facing, a shaded area outside and good reviews. We went for Legacy Park (Viburnum Villa ) in the end and although it is not the closest community to Disney we are famiar with the area and all the restaurants at the west end of the 192 after previously staying at Lindfields. Roll on July
3 other visits, staying twice on 192 and once on site in Dixie Landings
andreab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Any of the communities in the Formosa Gardens area (including Emerald Island and Sunset Lakes mentioned above are very close to Disney and restaurants. I live in this area and friends from the UK who used to rent our house visited at Easter. They had a lovely villa in Westhaven near Championsgate. However they weren't given the actual address until shortly before arrival and felt they were misled about how close it was to us. The traffic in the morning was an issue for them as they were used to being in Disney in less than 10 minutes. There are also many more restaurants in that area than there used to be but no where near as many as the Rolling Oaks area near us. They enjoyed their stay but I am not sure they would agree that the quality of the villa was more important than location for them.