Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 18 Apr 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Gatorland

Is this a full day? Son wants to go so I’m trying to fit it into our(my ) plan.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Gatorland

Is this a full day park? Son wants to go and I’m trying to fit it in our plans.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cartwheel
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, it's definitely not a full day. I just have to add I really didn't like it at all and wouldn't go back. The blasé (in my opinion) treatment of the animals didn't sit well with me but I appreciate everyone has different views and probably need to make their own mind up!
cartwheel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cartwheel View Post
Hi, it's definitely not a full day. I just have to add I really didn't like it at all and wouldn't go back. The blasé (in my opinion) treatment of the animals didn't sit well with me but I appreciate everyone has different views and probably need to make their own mind up!
I understand. We’ve never been before for exactly that reason. My son is desperate to see gators but ab airboat ride gives him the he fear.
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cartwheel
Proud to wear my Ears

Thats what got me, they're such powerful animals who should be respected. I feel there is a lot of duct tape and showmanship at Gatorland.. Maybe go and he will make his own mind up ‽ I once suggested to my husband we go to a rodeo "for the experience" it was a very similar conversation !

Edited at 08:56 PM.
cartwheel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Its a 9am to 2pm park.

We went and really enjoyed it, though we got free tickets. I would not pay full rrp price though.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Its a 9am to 2pm park.

We went and really enjoyed it, though we got free tickets. I would not pay full rrp price though.
I agree - if you like gators you will love it for a few hours. The chicken show is incredible
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Definitely a morning only place and that was with lunch and half an hour in the splash park. We did the chicken feed show, but didn’t go to the gator wrestling. I did like the walk around the lake where there are hundreds of gators, I couldn’t believe the birds making their nests just above them in the reeds.
Old 20 Apr 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Definitely a morning only place and that was with lunch and half an hour in the splash park. We did the chicken feed show, but didn’t go to the gator wrestling. I did like the walk around the lake where there are hundreds of gators, I couldn’t believe the birds making their nests just above them in the reeds.
We love it. There’s a great swamp walk where it is so secluded you could be miles from anywhere!
The walk round the lake and the aerial viewing towers show you the full extent of the park.
I think we need to remember that alligators are widespread and often farmed (like cattle) in Florida

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We got free tickets so went but it was no more than average. Wouldn't go again and no more than a few hours of stuff to do. I'd head there first thing in the morning and then get lunch from somewhere close by but out of the park. Theres a pizza place not far from the entrance which we went to and enjoyed
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List