Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Apr 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

POR garden View

Booked POR garden View, not what I originally researched, what are rooms like? What area are they situated in? Any good/bad experience many thanks
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Ended up booking a Garden View for last years trip as no Standard rooms for my dates and despite repeated checking none ever did become available

Think they could be just about anywhere on resort ... maybe look on Touring Plans Room View to get an idea of where they are in resort
touringplans/hotel_maps/...sort-riverside

Maybe look on there and source the area you want ?

We unfortunately ended up overlooking a dog walking area complete with poo bin
Paid £300 extra for a Garden View so was not impressed !
So just as well to be aware and forewarned !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were in block 80. We requested a corner room and got it (for the 2 windows for extra light)

Block 80 was 5 mins from main pool and another 2/3 to food court. Our room was nearer the back so we were 30 seconds to the bus stop. The rooms without the 5th bed are all the same (standard/garden/pool)

FWIW we adored the resort and felt the block 80 was perfect for us. Block 85 is the other mansion without princess rooms
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

We are trying to decide between POR and POFQ at mo in queue to book. We have 2 teenagers and preferring POR as more pools and better dining choices. We need to book garden view or above to get QSDP, is this the same with French quarter also no standard room bookings for QSDP?
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Well we have booked garden view in POR for 5 nights from 28/07/20. Only ever stayed at SSR previously. We have upgraded to DDP also.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

We've just booked POR with garden view for next August... we wanted AKL but there wasn't any availability. We've researched POR and it is somewhere we were interested in staying in (although prefer the balcony you get with a deluxe). Nearer the time we'll ask for the Magnolia section, sounds like block 80 is great for location.
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Garden view is lovely. We stay in Alligator Bayou so lots of greenery surrounding the buildings. TouringPlans does a view from every door on their room finder.

We have stayed in building 37 twice which is next to MB 80. Very close to North depot bus stop, about 1-2 minute walk away. If you haven't already discovered portorleans.org have a look at that. Our room was a 6 minute walk from our door to the food court. We used the path just above the 3 of 37 on the map.

All the rooms are the same size whether you are in MB or AB the main difference is that AB rooms have a pull down murphy bed meaning they sleep 5. This has become a more expensive category for any party of 4 wanting it, but it would seem it can still be allocated to you, in other words there is no guarantee you will be in MB if you book a standard or garden view room.

The decor is different for AB and MB too.

As there is no balcony there is no huge benefit to the garden "view" but it means you get less noise than the parking lot, although to be fair there is greenery shrouding the parking lot from the buildings.

Food court is fantastic, hence why we keep going back!
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I rang them last year about the time they announced that dogs would be allowed on property (to make sure I wasn’t near them!) and I was told as we were a family of three we’d ‘probably’ be in the mansions anyway (as they try to keep AB for larger families). He put a note on our file anyway

Didn’t see a dog all trip fwiw
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Archie14
Excited about Disney

We stayed at POR in 2017, we were hoping for the Mansions as we were a family of 3 and I thought they'd put larger families in AB. When we checked in I saw the CM write Bldg 24 on our card... AB, I politely asked if there was any availability in the Mansions and we were kindly given a room in Bldg 80, it was perfect, the poor CM had to amend our magic bands etc though as it was all set up for the original room. We've just booked again for POR for next summer.
1991 - Villa in Buena Ventura Lakes, 1993 - Villa in Davenport area, 2010 & 2012 Staybridge Suites LBV, 2015 - CBR, 1st time on site, 2017 - CBR We're going back - Oh no we're not, just moved to POR! 2020 - So excited, birthday celebrations at POR July 2020 - COVID CANCELLED , 2022 - Belated celebration trip - staying at CSR
Archie14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Archie14 View Post
We stayed at POR in 2017, we were hoping for the Mansions as we were a family of 3 and I thought they'd put larger families in AB. When we checked in I saw the CM write Bldg 24 on our card... AB, I politely asked if there was any availability in the Mansions and we were kindly given a room in Bldg 80, it was perfect, the poor CM had to amend our magic bands etc though as it was all set up for the original room. We've just booked again for POR for next summer.
We are staying in POR for first time next July and I’m hoping to request mansions building 80 after looking at the resort map. It looks an ideal location. But to be fair they all look good, just prefer the look of the magnolia area.