Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Oct 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I also booked with Andy, slightly more than autoeurope but includes the $1 million
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

Which Autoeurope web site are you getting these prices from please... I can't seem to get better than £1800 for a 7 seat full size SUV for 20 days from 14th May no matter where I I try
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by uk_mickey View Post
Which Autoeurope web site are you getting these prices from please... I can't seem to get better than £1800 for a 7 seat full size SUV for 20 days from 14th May no matter where I I try
You need to make sure your selecting “all Orlando locations” not MCO, then pickup from a non MCO location, though you can return to MCO
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

Tried that and hertz does not even appear in the grid...Avis is the best at $1364 but when you click on that and scroll down to the full size SUV (7 seats) it jumps to $3400
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by uk_mickey View Post
Tried that and hertz does not even appear in the grid...Avis is the best at $1364 but when you click on that and scroll down to the full size SUV (7 seats) it jumps to $3400
If your looking at prices in dollars your looking at the US site I assume. Try the U.K. site autoeurope.co.uk some people also had some different prices on the Ireland site (.ie)
Old 20 Oct 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mine both came from .ie site.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the info but the IE site is €3500 and co.uk coming out at £3900 but not a full size SUV
WILL KEEP TRYING
Old 20 Oct 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Think Dan223 and my booking are possibly both October 2022 bookings, so early, that maybe why

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

Personally I find car rental to be a minefield, I tend to go with the flow, it is impossible to read and understand the T&C's, it is one of the things I rely on The DIBB for to keep me right so I have been at least confused by this thread, I thought when we hired a car from the UK it included everything that was necessary for us or at least everything except the fairly recent addition of some roadside assistance which is no longer fully included.

So I have been looking into SLI today. The first sentence of this thread states 'As we know the curent 'great' prices from the above only includes Florida state minimum SLI, (which is not enough).' I don't know that, where does it state it?

If you look on the Hertz website and search for the location MCO,

hertz/rentacar/loc...rigin=Homepage

under 'Rental Terms, Qualifications and Requirements' I have found this :-

Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS)
Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS) provides coverage for you and other authorized operators of your rental vehicle for third party claims.

LIS is primary protection to customer’s personal policy and provides the first $1,000,000.00 of combined bodily injury and/or property damage protection for each occurrence regardless of the state in which the accident occurs. On rentals in California and Florida the maximum combined single limit is $2,000,000.00 for liability protection only.

LIS provides up to $1,000,000.00 of Uninsured/Underinsured protection for bodily injury sustained while driving the rental vehicle.

There are some exclusions to this coverage, which we feel you should know. Under LIS, in the event of an accident, you will not be protected for third party liability:

If LIS is not accepted at commencement of the rental or if you fail to pay the charges for LIS.

If you or an authorized driver operated the rental vehicle in violation of the Rental Agreement, including, but not limited to, operating the vehicle while legally intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other absorbed elements; permit the use of the vehicle by anyone other than authorized operators; for purposes that could properly be charged as a felony, to tow or push anything, or in a speed contest or for driver training.

If the vehicle or LIS coverage was obtained by fraud or misrepresentation.

LIS is third party liability coverage only, except where permitted by law or pertaining to Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage. LIS does not cover personal injury to you or any authorized operator of the rental vehicle or to your or their family members who are related by blood, marriage or adoption and reside in your or their household.

This tells me that for a Florida rental from Hertz I get either $1M or $2M depending on whether the third party is Uninsured/Underinsured or not. I have looked on the Auto Europe website but I can't see anything that supersede's Hertz's T&C's.

All I want is some peace of mind that I am renting what I think I am renting so I would appreciate it if someone could point me to a statement or a website showing where I am wrong?

Thanks
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Think Dan223 and my booking are possibly both October 2022 bookings, so early, that maybe why
Yes mine is middle of September to early October 22.

Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
Personally I find car rental to be a minefield, I tend to go with the flow, it is impossible to read and understand the T&C's, it is one of the things I rely on The DIBB for to keep me right so I have been at least confused by this thread, I thought when we hired a car from the UK it included everything that was necessary for us or at least everything except the fairly recent addition of some roadside assistance which is no longer fully included.

So I have been looking into SLI today. The first sentence of this thread states 'As we know the curent 'great' prices from the above only includes Florida state minimum SLI, (which is not enough).' I don't know that, where does it state it?

If you look on the Hertz website and search for the location MCO,

hertz/rentacar/loc...rigin=Homepage

under 'Rental Terms, Qualifications and Requirements' I have found this :-

Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS)
Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS) provides coverage for you and other authorized operators of your rental vehicle for third party claims.

LIS is primary protection to customer’s personal policy and provides the first $1,000,000.00 of combined bodily injury and/or property damage protection for each occurrence regardless of the state in which the accident occurs. On rentals in California and Florida the maximum combined single limit is $2,000,000.00 for liability protection only.

LIS provides up to $1,000,000.00 of Uninsured/Underinsured protection for bodily injury sustained while driving the rental vehicle.

There are some exclusions to this coverage, which we feel you should know. Under LIS, in the event of an accident, you will not be protected for third party liability:

If LIS is not accepted at commencement of the rental or if you fail to pay the charges for LIS.

If you or an authorized driver operated the rental vehicle in violation of the Rental Agreement, including, but not limited to, operating the vehicle while legally intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other absorbed elements; permit the use of the vehicle by anyone other than authorized operators; for purposes that could properly be charged as a felony, to tow or push anything, or in a speed contest or for driver training.

If the vehicle or LIS coverage was obtained by fraud or misrepresentation.

LIS is third party liability coverage only, except where permitted by law or pertaining to Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage. LIS does not cover personal injury to you or any authorized operator of the rental vehicle or to your or their family members who are related by blood, marriage or adoption and reside in your or their household.

This tells me that for a Florida rental from Hertz I get either $1M or $2M depending on whether the third party is Uninsured/Underinsured or not. I have looked on the Auto Europe website but I can't see anything that supersede's Hertz's T&C's.

All I want is some peace of mind that I am renting what I think I am renting so I would appreciate it if someone could point me to a statement or a website showing where I am wrong?

Thanks
It depends who you are booking with, most people have found the hertz deal by going via autoeurope which appear to just provide the state minimum, I went through Andy for a little more and get the 1M, if you go directly with hertz it’s worth checking specifically to your booking but based on what you have said you might be ok with a direct booking (but my assumption is you can’t get as discounted prices directly.)