Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
21st birthday and ultimate holiday of a lifetime! Day 6

Cast
Me - disney lover and holiday planner, turned 21 on this trip
DF - converted now to disney lover, goes with the flow, 23

Day 6 - We move to I Drive

I've got no pictures from today, we got up had a last swim round the pool and had some breakfast, we also bought a few things in the shop before we packed up and got a cab to move to Metropolitan Express on I Drive. I have to say I was really worried about this hotel but it was ok, rooms were a bit dingy but they were fine and the a/c is very very noisy and gave me a horrendous cough so we tried not to have them on too much when we were in the room. We had a walk down I Drive and a swim in the pool before going to pizza hut for dinner - we were quite tired so got into bed to watch some tv but the noise outside our room was incredibly noisy - our room overlooked the pool and they have a pool bar which had a very rowdy family in it drinking heavily and making as much noise as they possibly could. It was 10.30 so I went down to reception to see what time it closed and he said about 2am! I was prepared to put up with it til about 12 but 2am! So we asked to move to the other side of the hotel, to be fair they did move us to the other side of the corridor which backed onto the road but it was far away enough not to hear the bar.

I don't mean it offensively but there were 3 groups of these families at the hotel, they took over the pool loungers and pool let their children run around unattended causing havoc and I even saw these kids tormenting a foreign guy when he was on the phone, they were at the pool when we left in the morning and still there every day we got back and whenever we went to get a drink from the machine at night we could see them out there all the adults drunk and kids running riot until 2am every night - they really did ruin it and its the whole brits on holiday thing which i hate and the americans staying at the hotel were obviously disgusted at the way those children were allowed to behave.

It really did ruin it for us but I think it just seemed such a huge step down from pop. We really didnt like I Drive and it is very very different to how I remember it. One thing we learnt from this trip is next time we will be staying at Pop for the whole 2 weeks, we are planning to start a family very soon and hopefully return in 2014 for a wedding and if we are lucky enough we will have our own little one with us and I would not have been comfortable having a small child with me at that hotel, so I guess its better to have learnt that now than when its too late.

Bit of a downer day today but nothing too bad really in the scheme of things - tomorrow we're off to seaworld
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 11, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Shame about our fellow countrymen.
Sometimes it just makes you feel ashamed to be English.

Last year for the first time since 1990, I was looking to book a hotel, rather than a villa, and really gave it a lot of thought.
Decided we wanted an apartment rather than just a hotel room, and where we stayed was lovely.
Wouldn't hesitate to go back there
Old 12 Jan 11, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Shame about the families ruining your day, at least in Florida you don't spend too much time in the hotel though!
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 11, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
shame that they were like that, hope you enjoyed the rest of the stay
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 11, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Every time me and my fiancée have gone to Orlando we’ve stayed on Irive and we love it.
We stay at the other end, opposite Pointe Orlando (some people call that the posh end).
Having been to the end (near where you stayed) i'd have to say the 2 ends couldn’t be more different.
Pointe Orlando is a lovely area and doesn’t feel like a tourist trap at all.
It has fantastic restaurants, great shops and its nice to just walk around of a night time.
BUT…. Once you walk up the road and go past Charleys Steak house & Ripleys believe it or not… Irive has a very different atmosphere.
Its geared towards ‘the brit aborad’ and to be honest, I don’t want to be around that.
Im not a snob in any way shape or form, but what you experienced is exactly what I want to stay away from in Orlando.
I think a previous dibber summed it up best when they said ‘it makes you ashamed to be English’…
Don’t discount staying on Irive…. The other end really is great. (try the Rosen Plaza or Rosen in @ Pointe Orlando)
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List