Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

A trip home on Concorde when I was living overseas.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
We’re just given a massive plate of food as it’s Ramadan from our neighbours .
Delicious samosas , chicken and pakoras ..
feeling quite stuffed ..
That sounds like heaven.
Old 9 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post
A trip home on Concorde when I was living overseas.
Other than a trip to space this for me could not be topped.

We have done orient express and qe2 but when we wanted to do the concord trip it had gone to silly money
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The one I was probably most excited about was an upgrade for our seats at the ATP World Tour Finals to the courtside Sponsors Box. I could not have been happier.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Other than a trip to space this for me could not be topped.

We have done orient express and qe2 but when we wanted to do the concord trip it had gone to silly money
I was lucky to do Concorde for free too. But just a supersonic champagne flight for my mum and I.

Very special experience. Sad that no one can experience that now.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We booked a one bed apartment hotel for our stay in New York ( this was our 3rd stay at this place)
We got checked in and handed the keys to the penthouse, they said they were delighted that we choice to return
We were so excited to find we even had an outdoor space, only thing it was December but it didn’t stop us enjoying!
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

When my children were small we booked a weeks holiday in the lake district on one of the holiday parks - a week before got a call asking if I would complete a survey whilst there, just a questionaire with about 10 questions on each area, like pool, restaurant. Took us 10 minutes each morning while the children were eating breakfast - as a thank you they refunded the whole holiday.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
When my children were small we booked a weeks holiday in the lake district on one of the holiday parks - a week before got a call asking if I would complete a survey whilst there, just a questionaire with about 10 questions on each area, like pool, restaurant. Took us 10 minutes each morning while the children were eating breakfast - as a thank you they refunded the whole holiday.
What a fabulous result 🤗
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

In Amsterdam I paid for one lady of the night and they threw in a second one at no extra cost (they were doing a special BOGOF).

Edited at 07:30 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

In 2017 we’d booked for our family to go to Disney. There were 9 of us altogether including 2 children. We’d booked PE seats and a few months before we went, I received a telephone call from Virgin advising me there was an issue with our seats and they were upgrading us to Upper. For background, me and my husband often fly upper so I assumed they meant the two of us. I said that although that was lovely, it was difficult to accept as we were all looking forward to flying together-especially the children. They told us it was for the whole party. We couldn’t believe it and we had such a blast. It was on one of the 747’s and so it was almost like having our own private cabin.

This was in the August school holidays and why they would have done this, we could not fathom-especially so far away from the departure date as I’m sure they could have sold the seats many times over.

A brilliant start to the holiday and we still talk about it now.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List