Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 16, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

Experience so far...

So we have started our travels to WDW for 14 nights to celebrate DW 40th on the 28/10, and I thought I'd share our initial experiences.

We drove to Gatwick yesterday evening and got to Twighlight Check-In which was great and very quick, we then went to the Hilton South, check in went very smoothly and we arrived at our 'triple' room, quite nice, however one small problem, we are a family of 3 and there was one double bed; so back to reception to ask why, where we were told they were very busy and we should have checked in earlier to guarantee our room, I booked it in January.

After a brief discussion with the reception staff we were given a room with 3 single beds and a free drink in the bar for our troubles. Now we had a suitable room we proceeded to the buffet restaurant where we ordered some drinks and got some food, the food was very nice, however the drinks took an age to arrive and finally got to us by the time we were starting deserts, top tip, do not order cocktails, they are very slow!

After a good nights sleep we moved the car to the long stay car park and proceeded through premium security, all quick and skipped the queues, we headed straight to the No1 lounge, where we were feeling a little nervous after reading some of the reviews, big surprise, we found seats by the window, were served bacon rolls within 10 mins of ordering and so far a very pleasant experience, I would strongly recommend using the lounge, the main terminal was rammed as we walked through.

Now for some retail therapy and the long flight ahead, looking forward to our next stop, MCO and the immigration and Alamo queues, let's hope it continues to get better
Old 21 Oct 16, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing - have a great time!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 16, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Have a great time. Not very good at all ref the bed situation. Personally I wouldn't sleep in a single bed and neither would my Wife.
Plus the compensation was pathetic in my view and I would have wanted that room free.

However thats done now and everything else went fine. Enjoy.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a great holiday.
Old 21 Oct 16, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Hope you have a wonderful holiday.
Old 21 Oct 16, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a lovely holiday.
Old 21 Oct 16, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

have a great time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

Thanks guys... An email will be on its way to HHonours, I travel lots with work so told them I'm not happy and am considering never using Hilton again, I fly to Munich the day after I return and have a week in one then.

So travel day went as well as can be expected, we arrived in MCO and immigration wasn't too bad, I think it took about 1hr - 1hr30 to get through, arrived at Alamo having completed online checkin, not skip the counter, and we're told to go straight to the garage.. great no queuing .

When we got to the garage I spoke to a very nice attendant who pointed my in the direction of an Infinity QX80 as an FOC upgrade, this thing makes my Volvo XC90 feel small, all 5.7 litres & 400 bhp, including Bluetooth and Navigation, things are looking good 😀😀

Arrived at Saratoga Springs and we check in, superb we have been given a room in the springs as requested, get to room and, oh no, only a double bed made up, quick call to housekeeping and the sofa bed is sorted, only one little problem, the package DW arranged with Betsy for DS is not here, spoke to reception, 'yes it was delivered yesterday, we will bring it right over, two hours passed... no package. I popped over to carriage house and spoke to concierge who can't find the package, oh dear, looks like it's been lost, after 20 minutes chatting with the management who are trying to sort everything out, they give me a new Autograph book and pen and promise a new package will be delivered 'bigger & better' than the one we originally ordered.

So all in all a bit of an up & down day really, the others are now sleeping and I'm waiting to get tired, it takes me a while to get acclimatised on the. Ew time zone and I live on a few hours sleep a day for the first week.

Let's see what the Disney machine will do to resolve the lost package, I have confidence in them, I've seen them deliver amazing results in the past.
Old 22 Oct 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a great time .
We are staying in SSR in Feb.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Have a lovely time! SSR is great, but I've not known the sofa bed to be made up in advance, so think that's standard rather than them letting you down.

Hope the new gift basket arrives and is as good as they promise

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread