Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 18 Jun 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

321GO - The Alternative West Coast TR - Day 9

Friday 25th May

Up early again today for our tour. First stop BBB for breakfast then over to the theatre again to meet our group. Today there was rather a lot more people than yesterday, about 2 full coach loads. First stop was the Mendenhall Glacier, we only had an hour here so we charged off the bus and went to the photo spot and clicked a few photos before most people were off the bus.

It said the walk to the waterfall was a 45 minute round trip so off we headed again at a brisk pace to get more photos.

We headed back to the visitor centre where I popped to the restroom and had a quick look around. I thought we were probably a few minutes late to get back to the bus but I think we may have been slightly more than that as I think the bus was about to go without us!
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Next stop was whale watching, even though we were a large group the boat wasn't completely full and there was plenty of space for everyone to get near a rail if they so wished. Before we'd even left the dock we saw a humpback whale, they said that had never happened before.

Once under way they told you about the animals we might see and how to spot them such as for the humpcak whale look for the blow and other interesting information. They also provided stuff for kids to do and had some free snacks and drinks and others that you had to pay for. The time went by in a flash. We saw 2 more whales, lots of eagles, some seals in the water and a mass of sealions on land.

Back on the bus we were dropped in the centre on Juneau where we grabbed a quick lunch (paying for food was a shock) of teriyaki chicken with rice which we just shared and i'm glad we did as the portion was huge. We then wrote our postcards and put them in the post box but they didn't arrive in the UK till way after we were home. We explored the town a bit and decided against going up the Mt Roberts Tramway.

Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 12, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

We caught the shuttle bus back to the ship and headed to the Buena Vista Theatre to watch the Avengers film in 2D, the show tonight was Toy Story and we weren't bothered about seeing that plus they were mainly showing Avengers in 3D so this was one of only a couple of 2D showings. We got some drinks on the way from deck 9 and then some popcorn, for some reason you had to buy 2 bags at once. We both really enjoyed the film and when it was over we quickly headed back to the room to change for dinner. Tonights menu was Taste of Alaska but it was also Pirate night (no fireworks due to noise laws in Alaska though), and we were in PC. The servers outfits tonight were boring, just an earthy orange shirt with a cowboy necktie. Our servers let us down slightly tonight as they were still giving out the pirate bandanas but for reason our corner of the restaurant didn't get any. I've written in my notes that I had an Artist Impression cocktail but that's what I hd last night, i'm pretty sure I just got a coke tonight as I was feeling tired but wanted to stay awake. To eat I had a cheese and carrot souffle which I didn't like, with elk for my main and panne cotta to end. DH had crabs legs, followed by a steak with peppercorn sauce and also panna cotta for dessert.

After dinner the plan was to run back to the room and put on warm clothes, go to the pirate party in the lobby atrium, then watch POTC on the funnel vision, the plan fell apart though as back at the room I fell asleep on the bed.

Old 19 Jun 12, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post

No wonder you were tired after all that rushing around today! Wonderful scenery though! How fab to see humback whales! Brilliant
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 12, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely photos of your excursion today, what a great day.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 12, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
No wonder you were tired after all that rushing around today! Wonderful scenery though! How fab to see humback whales! Brilliant
All the late nights and early mornings caught up with me.

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Lovely photos of your excursion today, what a great day.
We were lucky all our days were great.
Old 21 Jun 12, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

What beautiful scenery - good job you didn't miss the bus!

Sounds like an early night was called for.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

You had Elk for main course! wow adventurous or what
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
What beautiful scenery - good job you didn't miss the bus!

Sounds like an early night was called for.
I'd have no idea what i'd have done if we had.

Originally Posted by Jools View Post
It was beef like, well more like venison.
Old 23 Jun 12, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jools View Post
I was thinking the same I know that DS is going to love trying that next year

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List