Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 22, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks so much. We did hire a 🚗 when we were at the HROC in 2013; would
Probably do the same again as my dad isn’t good at walking. Or maybe go super close to the gates 🤷🏼
Interesting that you don’t need to plan parks etc, that’s good to learn. We didn’t in 2013 but I did wonder if it had changed.
I think once my son has his camp America booked in and confirmed we can start to at least plan getting out there… he had rented a palm beach Airbnb for last year, but I’ll bear that in mind that it’s tricky in Cali…
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kcsunshine73 View Post
Thanks so much. We did hire a 🚗 when we were at the HROC in 2013; would
Probably do the same again as my dad isn’t good at walking. Or maybe go super close to the gates 🤷🏼
Interesting that you don’t need to plan parks etc, that’s good to learn. We didn’t in 2013 but I did wonder if it had changed.
I think once my son has his camp America booked in and confirmed we can start to at least plan getting out there… he had rented a palm beach Airbnb for last year, but I’ll bear that in mind that it’s tricky in Cali…
I think you may even see the parks less busy than in 2013 ! Omicron is just about hitting LA area now and keeping numbers down for sure. Restaurants and bars are very quiet even for New Years -it feels strange

Some homes get rented out as “party houses” and I guess you could goggle that ?

Happy to help where I can as I am here now and if I dont know I can ask local friends for you

HNY
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

As you want to coincide with your sons work, I would maybe wait until that is confirmed and at that point, I would be quite happy with booking flights for summer 2022 now. I would book in such a way that they are largely refundable, so either in Avios or deposit only.

We are flying to LAX on Friday. I have all my hotels and a few of the popular Disney restaurants booked. I might book the Disney park tickets today but we will buy Universal tickets once we are over there. We won’t be hiring a car so today / tomorrow I am starting to sort out the main transfers I will need (LAX to Hollywood, Hollywood to Anaheim and Anaheim to LAX). I am using Affordable Car Company that I have seen somebody, possibly Megaflyer or Tink, mention.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
As you want to coincide with your sons work, I would maybe wait until that is confirmed and at that point, I would be quite happy with booking flights for summer 2022 now. I would book in such a way that they are largely refundable, so either in Avios or deposit only.

We are flying to LAX on Friday. I have all my hotels and a few of the popular Disney restaurants booked. I might book the Disney park tickets today but we will buy Universal tickets once we are over there. We won’t be hiring a car so today / tomorrow I am starting to sort out the main transfers I will need (LAX to Hollywood, Hollywood to Anaheim and Anaheim to LAX). I am using Affordable Car Company that I have seen somebody, possibly Megaflyer or Tink, mention.
Affordable Town Car were fabulous - monitored the flights and texted me when I landed waiting the hours for me to clear passport control etc then were there at Pillar B6 (I think) in less then 2 mins. No extra cost due either and the trip took atleast double estimate time
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All really useful, thanks so much. Yeah I think I’d come round to thinking we only book once DS is defo going, and also I would only book refundable at the moment. I have a BA voucher I think I need to use by May; I also know my son had VA flights booked last year and I’m not sure if he got a refund or a rollover (I think probably a refund in the end).
Car hire tip is really useful too.
Which hotels have you booked Claudette? (Obvs tell me when you get back if you don’t want to make it public! Just interested to learn any more tips there).
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Which hotels have you booked Claudette? (Obvs tell me when you get back if you don’t want to make it public! Just interested to learn any more tips there).
Well I have already published where I am staying on my dining report thread so it’s no secret. We are starting off at the Hilton Universal City, we had also considered the Loews Hollywood which is in a similar area. At one point I had both booked for a few nights but seemed daft to be hotel hopping for relatively short distances.

We then transfer to Anaheim for Disneyland and I have the Disney Grand Californian booked for a few nights and then the JW Marriott. Now that will involve hotel hopping for a short distance but the GC is a very expensive hotel and we didn’t want to spending silly money.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Chaz2210
Serious Dibber

All really useful, thanks so much. Yeah I think I’d come round to thinking we only book once DS is defo going, and also I would only book refundable at the moment. I have a BA voucher I think I need to use by May; I also know my son had VA flights booked last year and I’m not sure if he got a refund or a rollover (I think probably a refund in the end).
Car hire tip is really useful too.
If you can add a hotel stay to your flights making it a holiday booking BA are still offering the no quibble voucher refund as long as you are travelling by the end of September., and you will only need to pay the deposit amount when booking. I have cancelled twice under this policy and had a new voucher (with new dates) each time, currently rebooked for August 🤞

DLP Newport Bay Hotel Nov 2012, Florida Terra Verde April 2014, DLP Christmas 2015 Explorers Hotel, DLP Kyriad Aug 2016, DLP Hotel Cheyenne Birthday Trip Oct 2016, Florida Regal Palms May 2018, Xmas 2020 DLP - postponed to April 2021- postponed to Oct 2021, West Coast 40th Birthday Trip August 2021- postponed to August 2022, DLP Christmas 2023 Cheyenne
Chaz2210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List