Notices

Old 9 Aug 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
I’m really impressed at the multiple plans and so detailed! I look forward to following along to see what happens.

Whichever iteration you follow it sounds like you will have a fabulous trip!
thank you I cant see our Boston and Orlando booking for early October happening to be honest, we are feeling 50/50 with the West Coast one for early November, will have to come up with something for December if that fails

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Vegas plan sounds awesome. A shame that the Boston trip doesn't look likely to go ahead. We were in Boston Christmas 2017. It was freezing and brilliant. We saw Fenway Park from the outside and ate at Wahlburgers...they were great for a cheap and cheerful burger joint. Fingers crossed you make it to the States soon.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Hi everyone and welcome to my second attempt at a Trip Report

My name is Nicki, I am 35 and live in West Yorkshire with my amazing husband and best friend Brett, who is 38. We work together at a local bath manufacturing company- I buy the raw materials to make the baths and he is part of the manufacturing team that makes them! This will be our first holiday since we got married and had our honeymoon at Disney in secret in May 2019.

Like the rest of the world, the dreaded C Virus has completely changed the original plan for this holiday several times over so the title is vague because we don’t actually know when, where or if we are going. Brett is South African and his passport is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard so we are very limited on where we can travel visa free (he has a 10 year visa from our wedding trip for America). After ruling out Barbados and Antigua, we have basically decided to go all in for America this year and see where we can go whenever the borders open. If Biden doesn’t open this year then we will have a long December at home using up all of our annual leave.

PLAN A BOSTON AND ORLANDO

We currently have September booked with the balance due 31st August- if this fails we will move to October. I am already considering just going with October given the new mask update.

With everything so up in the air we didn’t like the idea of committing to Disney tickets and making reservations for the parks when we don’t know if we could definitely go on the holiday. So the full Disney experience will hopefully form part of Brett’s 40th in 2022.

This will be a much more chilled experience than our previous trip in that we won’t have ADRs every night so the plan is more flexible and we don’t have to eat at certain times. If anyone follows us on Instagram then you will know that we love our dining out and cocktails, but I actually think this will be more relaxed than our usual days out. We have had a few weekend breaks in lockdown and eating out twice a day got a bit much so you will see some lighter meals and takeout on this trip!

We were booked for August in Premium Economy with Virgin but are now flying Economy for the same price! So far all of the flight seat plans are in rows of 2 and we are paying for an extra suitcase, so that covers all we needed from PE. We fly Manchester to Boston via JFK, Boston-Orlando with Delta, Orlando direct to Manchester

None of this luxury this year

And definitely no afternoon tea, champagne and sliders in Upper Class

We are staying at Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport again before we fly- we were given a Superior Room Runway view upgrade last time so we have booked this again as Brett loved watching the planes take off, and of course we will book that delicious breakfast again (praying that Mimosas are still included).

We have Pre Travel Day off work so the plan is to go over in the afternoon again to drop the bags off at the hotel and head into Manchester City Centre on the train for a bite to eat at the South African bar Chakalaka. We may have another couple of cocktails somewhere but will play this by ear- last time we were sensible and went back to the room after dinner!

Our last visit to Chakalaka, don’t let the picture put you off- Biltong is the best snack there is, it is like a superior Beef Jerky, and is best enjoyed “wet and fatty”

So the plans…….

BOSTON
We are staying at Revere Hotel in the City Centre.

We will try and do the main sites USS boat, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market etc. We have a day trip booked to Martha’s Vineyard which has been on my bucket list forever so am praying for a lovely day with no rain!

We have planned to head over to Salem to see the Witch Museum.

And most importantly, the Red Sox are at home so we are watching a game at Fenway! This is also another major bucket list tick, not only to see an MLB game but my favourite team against the Yankees! We also plan to do the Stadium tour in the morning. This was looking like a nightmare trying to secure tickets as when the season started, the matchday capacity was only 12.5%, which meant games were sold out instantly or silly ticket prices. It seems more settled now but Red Sox vs Yankees might be a pricey buy last minute!

If we move to October then we will have to settle on watching Patriots at home instead as the baseball season finishes at the end of September. This is the main thing putting me off giving up on September as I am desperate to see the baseball. I do love NFL though and Brett has never been so it will be a fab experience. I hope it isn’t anywhere near as cold as when I saw them play down in New Jersey!

UNIVERSAL

We are staying at Sapphire Falls so will of course do Universal, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay. We are hoping to ride Hagrids above anything else. We decided that this trip would be our best opportunity to try off-site eats and when I can bring myself to make a proper plan, I will add all the foodie ideas!

Also if you read my Trip Report or Food Report from our honeymoon you may remember our friend bartender Jorge from NBC Bar and Grill, he now works at a new little brunch and cocktail bar near Universal so we will be heading over there.

DISNEY AREA

We were originally booked to stay at Pop Century then Margaritaville but prices are just going up and up as we move dates. So we settled on a deluxe condo at Mystic Dunes. This was much cheaper and is close to all the off-site eats we wanted to try.

We want to see the Halloween campers at Fort Wilderness and maybe head into Celebration. We are going to Epcot for Food and Wine, Disney Springs and the resorts

Got my fingers crossed that we can get into Trader Sams again!

If we can snag the ADRs, we are aiming to eat at Boathouse Captain’s Singalong Brunch

Sanaa

Homecomin

PLAN B- ?
If the borders open mid- October we will combine Boston with New York- I have just booked Doubletree at Hells Kitchen just in case as the price wasn’t bad
If the borders open in Nov or Dec then this plan will completely change as Boston is too cold for my African princess in winter and we are doing a Disney Xmas for his 40th next year. We plan to spend Thanksgiving 2022 in Nashville as part of his birthday trip so we may do that this year instead. We may do Vegas and Disneyland. I really haven’t thought this far ahead yet. I think I may need to book some free cancellation/ pay on arrival hotels soon though as prices seem crazy for most of the year! Any ideas welcome!

I will update the plans as and when they change and do a proper timeline when we know what’s going on

Hope you all enjoy following along (wherever we end up, if we get there!)
I like the pictures, the one in what looks like the sun room in the DVC building at Beach Club (?) - that’s a lovely room most won’t go in if it is that one.
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The Vegas plan sounds awesome. A shame that the Boston trip doesn't look likely to go ahead. We were in Boston Christmas 2017. It was freezing and brilliant. We saw Fenway Park from the outside and ate at Wahlburgers...they were great for a cheap and cheerful burger joint. Fingers crossed you make it to the States soon.
Aww amazing i flew out xmas day 2015 to Boston, it was 16 degrees then the next day it was snowing and absolutely freezing! I went to Wahlburgers after the Fenway tour, loved it! I flew home New Years Day so managed to see a bit of First Night and the ice sculptures! It was lovely at xmas and would love to take Brett one day at that time but i think he wants to see it in the Fall for his first visit. I think were going to save it for 2023 now and combine with New York

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I like the pictures, the one in what looks like the sun room in the DVC building at Beach Club (?) - that’s a lovely room most won’t go in if it is that one.
Thank you yes it was the Beach Club DVC building, i think the room is called The Breezeway

2025- Seville

Old 20 Aug 21, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

UPDATE

In the process of cancelling October, waiting to hear if I will lose the deposit as I want to move to November 2022 and the flights wont be out until January (for the return flight). I booked with a travel agent so I'm not sure how it works but I also want to know if I am tied to Virgin if I move the flights because looking at the price differences I would rather go via Heathrow and fly with British Airways. So will see what happens with that.

As for November, I am close to throwing the towel in and booking a few nights in London for Brett's birthday instead. I just have a feeling that as soon as the MPs are back off their break and winter hits then they will bring masks and distancing back so we will end up missing out on the West End shows. We need to have a chat this weekend and decide whether to stick it out for USA or try and do a mini break here.

If we don't make the states this year then we will juggle our plans around and do Orlando, Vegas and California over 4 weeks for Brett's 40th Nov 2022 and then Boston, New York and Nashville in Sept 2023

2025- Seville

Old 2 Sep 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Given up on this year and planning on 4 weeks November 2022 instead for Brett's 40th, hopefully 11 nights in Margaritaville Orlando, 3 nights Sapphire Falls, 4 nights in Vegas, 8 nights in Anaheim. I will come back and update this later in the year when the flights are available.

However we are going to London in a few weeks so I will add the TR link when I get round to posting it

2025- Seville

Old 24 Sep 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Link to our London trip report

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...0#post15149270

2025- Seville

Old 28 Oct 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Given up on this year and planning on 4 weeks November 2022 instead for Brett's 40th, hopefully 11 nights in Margaritaville Orlando, 3 nights Sapphire Falls, 4 nights in Vegas, 8 nights in Anaheim. I will come back and update this later in the year when the flights are available.

However we are going to London in a few weeks so I will add the TR link when I get round to posting it
Just checking in to see how the planning is going. I feel like time is just flying by now and it will be 2022 before we know it!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Just checking in to see how the planning is going. I feel like time is just flying by now and it will be 2022 before we know it!
ahh thank you just booked Radisson Blu at the airport and put a deposit on Disney and Universal tickets so far. I am waiting until flights and hotels are booked before I do an update on the new plan. I am still nervous that everything will be crazy prices so don't want to jinx it until it's booked

2025- Seville