Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Dec 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

California Mask Mandate Starting Dec 15

It was announced today that California is reinstating a mask mandate beginning this Wednesday, Dec 15th, that masks must be worn in all indoor public settings regardless of vaccine status. This mandate is statewide and will be in effect for one month, ending January 15th. I know there are some Dibbers who will be traveling to California this month and I wanted to give everyone a heads up, in case you haven’t heard the news yet.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
It was announced today that California is reinstating a mask mandate beginning this Wednesday, Dec 15th, that masks must be worn in all indoor public settings regardless of vaccine status. This mandate is statewide and will be in effect for one month, ending January 15th. I know there are some Dibbers who will be traveling to California this month and I wanted to give everyone a heads up, in case you haven’t heard the news yet.
I read that in Desert Sun - I dont think it effects me as Palm Springs was part of the 50% already mandating mask use so I am prepared but it will effect those visiting LA and Disney areas which have been far more relaxed (up to tomorrow anyway)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I read that in Desert Sun - I dont think it effects me as Palm Springs was part of the 50% already mandating mask use so I am prepared but it will effect those visiting LA and Disney areas which have been far more relaxed (up to tomorrow anyway)
I believe LA county has had that mandate going for awhile now too, but Anaheim and San Diego haven’t- previous to Wednesday they have only been requiring masks indoors for the unvaccinated.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I believe LA county has had that mandate going for awhile now too, but Anaheim and San Diego haven’t- previous to Wednesday they have only been requiring masks indoors for the unvaccinated.
I have also had emails last night from some of my favourite restaurants and bars in PS that wef yesterday to 15 Jan mandatory vaccine evidence is required with photo ID (zero exceptions) are needed - all good for me so means they are taking it seriously. Have all my docs at the ready 👍. I had to send over my covid ‘passport’ to the hotel I booked in PS too and they accepted the QR code whch was excellent

Edited at 09:15 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have also had emails last night from some of my favourite restaurants and bars in PS that wef yesterday to 15 Jan mandatory vaccine evidence is required with photo ID (zero exceptions) are needed - all good for me so means they are taking it seriously. Have all my docs at the ready 👍. I had to send over my covid ‘passport’ to the hotel I booked in PS too and they accepted the QR code whch was excellent

Interesting! I haven’t heard of that requirement happening yet in San Diego. It’s good you have prepared for everything. I hope other people will comply and not give the restaurant employees a hard time. I agree with you, good to see Palm Springs being serious and taking the extra step. 👍

Old 16 Dec 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Interesting! I haven’t heard of that requirement happening yet in San Diego. It’s good you have prepared for everything. I hope other people will comply and not give the restaurant employees a hard time. I agree with you, good to see Palm Springs being serious and taking the extra step. 👍
Had similar from Spencers, Melvyns and LuLu except LuLu did say proof of negative test in last 72 hours ok too. As you say it doesn’t bother me - infact I applaud it (vaccine check part) maybe as the general population age of PS is, well shall we say, on the higher side of 50 !?