Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry you misunderstood. That was arriving by car. No problem going to any resort by Disney transportation.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

I think its entirely down to luck and the security guard. We had an ADR at Chef Mickeys and had to show it on my phone at the car park gate. We also went to AKL without anything planned and just said we wanted to have a look around with a view to booking a stay there. We ended up staying for a couple hours, saw all the animals and chatted to animal CMs and had lunch as the QS place.
Cant actually afford to stay there though
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pdw8 View Post
I think its entirely down to luck and the security guard. We had an ADR at Chef Mickeys and had to show it on my phone at the car park gate. We also went to AKL without anything planned and just said we wanted to have a look around with a view to booking a stay there. We ended up staying for a couple hours, saw all the animals and chatted to animal CMs and had lunch as the QS place.
Cant actually afford to stay there though
Often it's the resort as well. They're really hot on it at Contemporary because so many people abused the parking there for free MK parking. Where you can't get to anything on foot from AKL, so they're more likely to let people in for a wander.

I'd put CBR on the stricter side now because of the Skyliner and the current popularity of HS.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

I’m sure this has been asked before, but I can’t remember the answer - how do WDW look upon people booking an ADR at a resort and then leaving the car at the resort and heading to a park after? I’m sure we’ve done that before when we’ve had a reservation for breakfast at the GF, but I just wondered if it was frowned upon/had been clamped down on/how it is policed? Thanks!

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CuteLioness View Post
I’m sure this has been asked before, but I can’t remember the answer - how do WDW look upon people booking an ADR at a resort and then leaving the car at the resort and heading to a park after? I’m sure we’ve done that before when we’ve had a reservation for breakfast at the GF, but I just wondered if it was frowned upon/had been clamped down on/how it is policed? Thanks!
You only get 3 hours parking with an ADR. If you try to leave the car there all day, it could be towed. Especially somewhere like GF.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You only get 3 hours parking with an ADR. If you try to leave the car there all day, it could be towed. Especially somewhere like GF.
Good to know, thanks. This never happened to us in 2019 but we wouldn’t have risked it if we’d known!

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List