Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DH knew I would say him losing DS2 when he was about 6. Me I think has to be not checking the bus route from SSR - Walking to Disney Springs to get a bus to the Poly for breakfast and discovering they don’t run in the morning.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Accidentally got on the wrong Lynx bus and ended up in some neighbourhood in downtown Orlando - we stuck out like a sore thumb for sure! Stayed on for the whole loop back to the bus station as we were too scared to get off.
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Not in Orlando at all but I thought it deserved a mention...

On our recent Caribbean cruise the first port stop was St Thomas, and we took a taxi to Magens Bay which is a super beautiful tropical paradise. I clearly lost my head at how pretty it was because in the space of 10 minutes I did the following:

Broke the GoPro when about to take it in snorkelling, by putting a new battery in the wrong way and forcing it until it got stuck.
So I took our rugged camera into the sea instead... without the strap around my wrist as it usually is, and of course I instantly drop it. Cue a panic stricken 30 seconds while I scream 'the camera! ' (Its expensive and had all our photos on...) and rummage around in the surf... thankfully finding it half buried in sand and heading out on the next wave.
Then because I got salt water in my eye from the frantic search and I have really sensitive eyes I rush back up the beach to wash it out with water. DH passes me a bottle, which I take, blinded, and splash in my eyes. It takes me a minute to realise why its burning even more... I have just washed my eyes out with a bottle of lemon squash.
Went back in the sea, pulled on my snorkel mask which immediately knocked out one of my new earrings DH had told me not to wear in case I lost it swimming.

DH didn't let me touch anything for the rest of the day and I think that was wise.

Edited at 01:38 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I also forgot that I fell out of the hire car. I got my foot caught in the seatbelt and went out face first.

Spent the next week with a bruised arm and knee!
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Staying a POR got the last bus back from one of the parks so had to stand near the exit door as crowded. Chatting as we pulled up at POFQ DH said "our stop", "no its not" I say "yes it is" as he gets off, I know its not and stay on, as door closes I wave goodbye, all around us laugh & I say "told him it wasn't our stop, never listens to me". He had a long dark walk to our room that night!
Old 8 Jan 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

And another one I’ve just remembered. We were on a bus back to OKW and I spotted a lady and her family I was sure had done a Dibb trip report? I plucked up the courage to ask her if she was on the Dibb, she looked at me confused and said “no but I am on Facebook” I felt a bit daft that night! Apparently not everyone who goes to Disney is on the Dibb! Go figure? 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ran for the bus from MK to OKW - just made it - phew ! Why is the bus continuing past the turn - why aren’t the other passengers alarmed? Yep on the wrong bus into Disney Springs! Took over an hour and a half to get home 🤪
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Our first, and only so far, trip in 2015. Went to MK for EMH, the hordes were released under the right hand side tunnel, and I turned left to get a map. WRONG! It was like Celebrity Cyclone trying to grab the kids back! I don’t think the near masses were very pleased 😁

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Not at Disney but we stopped at an Applebee's for dinner somewhere in Florida once when I was a teenager with my parents. It was our first time and we thought that the food was quite good, so my mum (French, doesn't speak good English) decided to ask if they also served breakfast to come back next morning. She goes and finds a staff member on our way out, and asks him "Erm, did you have breakfast?" The poor guy looked confused but said yes, and my mom starts to gesticulate, asking him "... and... what?" as she wanted to know what was on the breakfast menu. As the confused looking guy started to recite what he had for breakfast that day, I was literally ROFL!

Edited at 06:52 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
I have also lost my bikini top in typhoon lagoon.

It’ll be a one piece on my upcoming trip!
Make sure it’s a secure one piece
I still got caught out
Those waves are brutal
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List