Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I feel your pain and I recently put a thread on here about not going to the cinema anymore because of inconsiderate people, but at least the cinema is local and doesn't cost as much as concerts.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Hootietootie View Post
I did record 20 mins of Rick in my phone though, to prove to my ma I was there, I've been a fan since the 80s. Then phone was back in the bag so I could enjoy the night
Then you are part of the problem. Why 20 minutes? If you want to prove to your mother you were there show her the ticket stub. I know what I am typing will be seen as rude by some but its less rude than disturbing all the people around you with your camera.

They should be banned from use at concerts.

Edited at 08:25 AM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

I have also decided concerts are no longer for me. Went to see Shania Twain last year and people around us were up and down all night. Going to the bar. I have no problem with people drinking at concerts, just stock up at the interval.

Edited at 08:33 AM.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I saw a-ha a couple of years ago when they did a MTV Acoustic Tour and everyone stayed seated (apart from a few songs from the end) and they put an announcement out before the show that the band would prefer to see the faces of the audience and not their phones. People (and I was a guilty one) just took a couple of quick photos but that was it and it was so much better. I usually take photos with a camera and I will take a camera to see Take That next week but I will try and reign it in and just take a few and enjoy the show. The problem is that they do so many costume changes and stage sets that you almost feel the need to have to take a couple per song.

I must admit I do enjoy the show better without taking photos but I can't help myself taking a few.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
I have also decided concerts are no longer for me. Went to see Shania Twain last year and people around us were up and down all night. Going to the bar. I have no problem with people drinking at concerts, just stock up at the interval.
I am in a Take Take Tour 2019 facebook group and lots of people are commenting on the amount of drunk people at the shows who spend all night going to the bar and some are so drunk they are spoiling the show for others. At nearly Ł10 a drink I would much rather have a few in the pub afterwards!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i try to stick to the official photographer etiquette for normal standing gigs where you can take what you want for the first three songs, then after that, put it away (the odd sneaky pic during other bits is ok if there are costume changes or a special guest shows up)

i understand why people want to take photos at gigs, but if you're going to do it, at least try and be considerate of everyone around you by following a few simple rules...

• NEVER USE FLASH. ESPECIALLY WHEN RECORDING VIDEO
  • turn down the screen brightness to minimum
  • if you have a wallet-style phone case, take it off or swap it for a normal bumper case before you go to the gig. if youre going to block someones view by holding it aloft, the least you can do is not block twice as much space as needed because the flap/cover of the case is dangling below the phone
  • got a phone larger than a 6" screen (ie phablet/tablet sized device)? DO NOT USE IT!
  • you don't need hundreds of photos. 10-20 pics throughout the gig MAXIMUM
  • if you're recording video (especially whole songs), instead of holding it aloft blocking everyone behind you's view, keep it at head height in front if your face. block your own view. and make sure your flash is off and the screen brightness is down!
  • the only exception to the rule above about video is if you are literally at the back, or are stood directly in front of a pillar or something. if there is nobody directly behind you, stick your arms in the air all you want

and then there's the standard gig etiquette rules...

DONT TALK TO YOUR MATES DURING THE GIG. unless it's something quick and/or important like "yes, ill have another pint" or "that was even better than when they played it at glastonbury 1996*"... talking during the support act is a dick move too. you've paid Ł20+ to see a band (and by extension, the support) why natter to your mates about GoT? save that for when you're having a beer before or after the gig.

VAPING INDOORS IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE. go outside you inconsiderate ass

if you're more than 6ft tall, be considerate of the people behind you. especially if you've gone and pushed your way into the pit 30 seconds before the main act has come on. if you end up standing directly in front of someone who is only 5ft tall, offer to let them stand in front of you!

buying more than 2 pints at the bar and then taking them back to your mates in the pit? attempting to carry 3 pints, a double vodka and a can of cider on your own WILL result in spillage and winding up people. take more mates with you to the bar to help carry stuff back. or just don't drink in the pit!

*i know glasto wasn't on in 96

Edited at 09:03 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

The last take that tour we went too, fighting was part of our entertainment NOT! So many drunk women, hoping west life isn't subject to to same cretins!
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

We were at the Hugh Jackman concert last night too. Still feeling properly smiley this morning.

We had a group of very drunk women a row back and a few seats over which were a bit annoying but the concert was so good it didn't spoil it.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Totally agree people seem very inconsiderate!
I took my dd15 last year to see Shaun Mendes at a festival, at one point when he was on there were about 3 girls similar age to my dd who were shouting/screaming the songs, not singing, so we couldn’t actually hear him and lots of people were moving away from them. My dd turned to them and said that she had come to listen to Shaun not them and could they keep it down 😁 good for her!
I’d actually already asked some lads earlier to be more considerate as they kept pushing and shoving and tbh they were lovely afterwards, very apologetic and quite humorous as they were a bit tipsy!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Hugh Jackman inspired name perhaps?
Yes definitely, love wolverine!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List