Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 16, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dabootie View Post
This is our go to resort; thoroughly enjoy the food court and the 'proper dinner' they serve every evening...pot roast with pick your own sides is particularly good. The pizza deal they do here is good too, large pizza, two drinks and two desserts for 2 QS credits, enough to feed 3 or 4, especially if you have mugs... you could swap your drinks for extra desserts and have a hand made ice cream sandwich each!
Another vote for the pizza takeaway deal. Great first/second night tea for 2qs credits when your tired and just want to chill in your room. Easily fed 3 of us with 2 fruit pots for pudding..cash change the drinks if you want but we got a couple of bottles of water for the next day and used our mugs.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkjojo
Excited about Disney

We stayed first two weeks of Nov 2015, breakfasts were good (my bf especially enjoyed the create your own breakfast bowl), our DD loved the beignets and I enjoyed a breakfast with pancakes or waffles. Think we only ate other meals (lunch or dinner) here twice as we were usually at parks or Disney Springs etc. Remember us having meatball sub, jacket potato with chilli & cheese, a create your own salad and a pizza - all were really nice! As others have said it's not haute cuisine but as far as food courts go it's lovely! Check out the current online menus and see if anything takes your fancy.

Edited at 03:38 AM.
Pinkjojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

1612's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 123
We have stayed at POFQ 5 times and found the food ,food hall, staff and the hole hotel fantastic. The food hall does get battered some times and does need a tidy up but don't all the food halls when you have the volume of people that pass through. the food we found was as good as any where ,some thing for everyone all of the time. If you find you don't like it you can always jump on a boat and go down to PORS and get some nice food there. I think you are worrying too much. Some people like it some people don't ,that's how it is I am afraid .Lets hope you like it .We love POFQ.

The Clarke Family. Holidaying at Disney every year since 2000!
1612 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 16, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Another positive vote for the POFQ food court - brilliant quick service food!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 16, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Firelily
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by rosiebun3 View Post
...The jambalaya was good but I can't see it on the menu any more . ...
Just to say Jambalaya is on the dinner menu
Old 23 Jan 16, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Hello, I stayed there in July and I'm reallllllly fussy as is my kids. Tbh it was fine ! And we ate there most days. I do have a trip report which I posted a pic of menu , I'd need to trawl thru to find it though

Edit

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891489

Scroll down , sorry it was just a wee pic of the screen above with some of the menu x

Edited at 11:45 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 16, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you everyone - I am a worrier and it sounds as though I shouldn't be. 😃.
It's just I want everything to be perfect for my DD, DH and my parents. All the planning and choosing is down to me and I just needed some reassurance.

Anyone got any more advise regarding POFQ, please?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LabradorFamily View Post
Thank you everyone - I am a worrier and it sounds as though I shouldn't be. 😃.
It's just I want everything to be perfect for my DD, DH and my parents. All the planning and choosing is down to me and I just needed some reassurance.

Anyone got any more advise regarding POFQ, please?
Tbh the only downside of POFQ was sharing a bus service with POR, but I read somewhere that this seems to happen very little now as Disney realised how frustrating it was! It is an amazing resort, friendly staff - just perfect! If you only want a light breakfast you can buy cereal and milk from the shop on site, and the staff offer you paper bowls and spoons to take back to your room. We often did this so we could get off to the parks sooner, and use our QS credits for the larger meals. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh thank you... I've got hundreds of questions 😉. When did you go and how many times have you been? I'm thinking it'll be a good mix for our party - DD 7, my parents 75, and me and DH somewhere in between 😉

Are there any must dos or don'ts?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread