Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Paying deposit for 1 person adding rest later?

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I thought this might come in handy to some:
I just spoke to Disney to add my husband and daughter to my own booking for this October.
It was no problem. I asked about the free dining plan I qualified for originally when i made the booking and he told me all people staying in a room need to be on the same offer, so they will automatically get the free dining.
He gave me the price difference to add the two extras (which is just the tickets cost, as the room rate stays the same, regardless of how many are staying) and told me it would get added to my balance and I just have to pay 50GBP pp deposit now.
I didn't go ahead with it yet, as we still aren't 100% (only 99%) sure, but I though some might want to do the same this year for the offer next year.
We are not 100% about going next year, but I don't want to miss out on the current deal with the 200$ gift card and room availability in case we do go. I know Disney lets you make changes at a later date for free, as long as the change increases the cost and they let you keep the free dining plan offer.
So technically, I could book a room for one person, pay just 50£ deposit and add the others when we are sure we are going. That way if we don't go, I only lose 50£ instead of 150£.
Am I missing something obvious or would this work?
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings

Edited at 02:40 PM.
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I can't see any problem with doing that but maybe there's something I haven't thought of that someone else will.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

Well it worked for me, book it alone and I rang the other day to change my hotel and enquired about adding more people and he said no problem. I've not actually added anyone else yet though.
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a good idea and wishing now Id thought of doing that.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

I would say it's fine as long as you are planning to add them in before the deal ends. Suspect if you are trying to add people and expecting them to get the free dining etc Disney might say no.
Would ask the question and be sure they are sure that's fine.
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I could definitely add one other person 3 months after the entire uk dine ended. I had already paid for 3 of us and added a 4th for the cost of their 14 day ticket, I didn't have to pay any extra to the room as it was not at capacity so had been quoted for 4 people to sleep there anyway!
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
alijolly
Imagineer

I was told by Disney that I should do this exact thing, anyone added had to be on the same basis as the rest of the party and would have to buy a park ticket and be entitled to free dining even after the offer had ended, I am actually about to test this exact theory as I will be adding someone to my booking for this year which was made during last years free dining.
alijolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

You can book for 1 person then add others later if you want that is not a problem. With disney you are paying by the room not per person so you can add people up to the room capacity at a later stage you just pay a £50 pp deposit for everyone you add and if you need to add tixs for the free dining the cost will be added to the balance.
We added dd to our original booking I paid the £50 deposit to add her and her ticket cost was added to the balance no other fees as the price went up.

There are mixed reports on adding other people to a free dining booking we were told we needed to add any extra people while the free dining offer was still on so before nov but other dibbers have added later than that and still had the dining added.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alijolly
Imagineer

Hi Just to confirm that I have just had a reply from Disney regarding adding someone to my booking. This was a booking made last summer with free dining offer for this year. I was able to add no problem and the new person had to buy a park ticket and was entitled to free dining, as the value of the booking was increasing the amendment fee is waived, so just the £50 deposit to be paid now.
alijolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

This is really good to know as I'm not sure what we will be doing next year, if my daughter will be going with us or not so I'm ok with risking £50 should we need to cancel but I was not so happy about the £200, in fact I'd decided to not book free dining but just go with whatever discount we can get off the US site close to the time (which is what we normally do these days and forego free dining). Off to look at the options again now!
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List