Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 14 May 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done for making decisions about your working life. You致e taken a huge step forward and now you must focus on yourself. I壇 try and take all the pressure off yourself and just take it very slowly- minute busy minute if needed. You will get there- but give yourself the time you clearly need.
lottiesmum0 is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 14 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Im sorry to hear things have been soo bad for you.

Can you think of something you would LIKE to do?

If you enjoy your garden then make sure you get 1/2hour out there pottering around and getting some sunlight.

I find sunlight/and/or being outside can make the worst of days soo much better. I dont suffer from any MH issues but sunlight has a way of lifting your mood.

What is your street like? Can you walk out down it once a day? Even if it is to the local shop, look round it, then walk home?

I wish you well going forward.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Baltics on Britannia - brillant!
Unread 14 May 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
Have you thought about working through a photography assignment list? You could use any camera even camera on your phone. You can download a daily list and work through the list choosing an assignment each day. Photography can be absorbing and would engage you in a new activity. Something a bit different.
Actually, the other day I made a Facebook page to just to post my photography on, I have 13 likes lol. It痴 pretty average but I like doing it and it痴 nice having a little project. I might try a list like you suggest, thank you.

Edited at 08:47 PM.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Im sorry to hear things have been soo bad for you.

Can you think of something you would LIKE to do?

If you enjoy your garden then make sure you get 1/2hour out there pottering around and getting some sunlight.

I find sunlight/and/or being outside can make the worst of days soo much better. I dont suffer from any MH issues but sunlight has a way of lifting your mood.

What is your street like? Can you walk out down it once a day? Even if it is to the local shop, look round it, then walk home?

I wish you well going forward.
Thanks. I知 gonna try doing a little bit of gardening each day and take a couple photos. I think that would give me something to focus on.

I知 about 30 minutes walk from the shops but my street is beautifully quiet all the time, which is lovely. I知 just struggling to get past the front door, so I知 trying to work on the front garden first.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
You can take cuttings and start seeds off indoors, seeing new sprouts and roots in plants will help you want to get outside and pot them on, in time for the better weather! Take small steps and you will get there!
Keep us updated and everyone on here will support you!
Unread 14 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
Thanks. I知 gonna try doing a little bit of gardening each day and take a couple photos. I think that would give me something to focus on.

I知 about 30 minutes walk from the shops but my street is beautifully quiet all the time, which is lovely. I知 just struggling to get past the front door, so I知 trying to work on the front garden first.
Good for you hun.

Fresh air, sunlight and flowers - what's not to love!

Also remember that old saying - the first step is the hardest.
They say that for a reason - it really is - but after that everything else is easy - well easier!

Have you tried keeping a positive thoughts diary? That way you can se how far you are coming on.
Plus just a small thing some coaching has taught me - find 3 things every day that you are grateful for.

These 3 things will be different for all of us - and only relevant to us. So for me it could be a PB in the gym, or even loving the sunrise over the beach I drive past on my way to work.

For you it might be that you spent 1/2 hr in the garden, that you enjoyed reading a book, or worked on your photos etc.

Some days its a struggle finding the three, and some days they might be the same as the day before but before long you will find 3 new things every day.

Big hugs x x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Baltics on Britannia - brillant!
Unread 14 May 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
You can take cuttings and start seeds off indoors, seeing new sprouts and roots in plants will help you want to get outside and pot them on, in time for the better weather! Take small steps and you will get there!
Keep us updated and everyone on here will support you!
I had lots of seeds earlier in the year but I neglected most of them and they died. I知 much better starting off with plug plants, then they can go straight into my greenhouse. I知 trying to grow acers from seed, just for fun, but they take ages. I致e got 9 in various sizes now, I adore them, such beautiful trees. Thank you .
Unread 14 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Good for you hun.

Fresh air, sunlight and flowers - what's not to love!

Also remember that old saying - the first step is the hardest.
They say that for a reason - it really is - but after that everything else is easy - well easier!

Have you tried keeping a positive thoughts diary? That way you can se how far you are coming on.
Plus just a small thing some coaching has taught me - find 3 things every day that you are grateful for.

These 3 things will be different for all of us - and only relevant to us. So for me it could be a PB in the gym, or even loving the sunrise over the beach I drive past on my way to work.

For you it might be that you spent 1/2 hr in the garden, that you enjoyed reading a book, or worked on your photos etc.

Some days its a struggle finding the three, and some days they might be the same as the day before but before long you will find 3 new things every day.

Big hugs x x
Thank you. I値l try the 3 good things thing.
Florida Escapes