Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile BA Club World

Just a heads up that BA have some good upgrade prices right now. Just paid £153 to upgrade from WT+ to club on our return leg from NY in October.

Now to decide whether to book seats. I did on our last club flight but just wondered what others do?
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Just a heads up that BA have some good upgrade prices right now. Just paid £153 to upgrade from WT+ to club on our return leg from NY in October.

Now to decide whether to book seats. I did on our last club flight but just wondered what others do?
No I wouldnt bother as all the seats are like a little cube anyway, quite private, well done on a great upgrade price!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I deleted my post because I misread your post. Great price for an upgrade from wtp to club.

We haven't paid for our club seats as they are getting greedy charging from around £80 to just over a £100 each person each way. Me and the wife sat seperately in club in December coming back from Tampa, but it wasn't a big deal (she probably appreciated the peace).

We fly in 2 weeks and there are lots of unbooked seats in club going out, but comng back in club there are are only 3 seats left. I did a dummy booking for 2 seats in club for our return journey and it showed no seats to book, which is quite unusual. We are only bronze level, so we can book them a week before our flights unlike silver level who can book seats when ever they want😫

Correction: seats are from £89 to £117 each person each way. So almost half a grand for our preferred seats for 2 people for the return flights. Some people have a holiday for that!

Edited at 10:10 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We pre book, at nearly £100 each per flight. But we like the double seats in the centre of the cabin. I wouldn't like an aisle seat.
Old 15 Aug 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
We pre book, at nearly £100 each per flight. But we like the double seats in the centre of the cabin. I wouldn't like an aisle seat.
That's interesting asni really hate those middle seats. Each to their own.

We do book seats in advance but have been silver for years. In his last year my husband only hit 500 points instead of 600 and they still gave him silver. We have made conscious choice not to chase points though, if we hit silver that's fine, if not so be it.

My husband has to sit by a window, if a window wasn't available we probably wouldn't book the flight. I dont care where I sit as long as itsnot the middle seats
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Lucky you! Only £153 thats what dreams are made of XD

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Me and the wife always try and get the middle 2 seat because no one can disturb you.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Me and the wife always try and get the middle 2 seat because no one can disturb you.
Yes, it saves sneaking to the loo for the mile high club membership!
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
That's interesting asni really hate those middle seats. Each to their own.

We do book seats in advance but have been silver for years. In his last year my husband only hit 500 points instead of 600 and they still gave him silver. We have made conscious choice not to chase points though, if we hit silver that's fine, if not so be it.

My husband has to sit by a window, if a window wasn't available we probably wouldn't book the flight. I dont care where I sit as long as itsnot the middle seats
I did worry first time that I wouldn't like taking off backwards, but you really don't notice it. Not fussed about window seats, the view is sea all the way!
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Yes, it saves sneaking to the loo for the mile high club membership!
Olga, I thought you were a lady (not stunning - but not a bad looker when younger). I wouldn't have dreamt that you of all people would be doing that in the club seats (perhaps it's not always the plane causing the turbulence).

What I hate is when single travellers book one of the 2 centre seats to be selfish and hoping no one Will sit next to them when they are only really suitable for couples or family members. If I am forced to sit next to someone who does that I will be passing wind most of the flight as payback