Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

So Cross With Sky

Steaming mad at present, just logged onto my Sky Account to find prices are all going up again in September. My package went up £7.00 a month in April and is currently showing my next bill will go up another £18.39 in September! They haven't even had the courtesy to let me know about this price rise yet.

Just tried to ring them to find out what the heck is going on and their call wait time is currently 45 minutes to even speak to someone. Doubt my phone battery would last that long.

Anyone else having problems like this.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I’ve just logged into mine and there is no price increase showing on my future bills. You don’t have an offer coming to an end do you?
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

We are on a 2 year contract which finishes in November. In the 2 years it has gone up over £20 pm. Will be dramatically reducing the package once I can.
Makes it worse that the Movies are an absolute joke so they will definitely be going.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Sounds like an offer ending to me as they won't notify you of that, they only notify of their standard price hikes!
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Don't think so Entertainment, Sports, Sports HD and Sky HD all going up
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
arl71
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Happened to me recently and was because I was coming to the end of an 18 month discounted deal after I haggled with them last time the prices went up. Just phoned them up and said was thinking of cancelling because it is too expensive and they offered me a new deal. So, give them a phone on 0333 759 2787 (their cancellations line and see what they offer, but don't accept the first offer.
arl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arl71 View Post
Happened to me recently and was because I was coming to the end of an 18 month discounted deal after I haggled with them last time the prices went up. Just phoned them up and said was thinking of cancelling because it is too expensive and they offered me a new deal. So, give them a phone on 0333 759 2787 (their cancellations line and see what they offer, but don't accept the first offer.
Thanks Arl will do if and when I can get thru as I said 45 minute wait when I tried earlier.
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
arl71
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Yes it said 45 m wait when I phone on the normal publicised phone number from the website. Found the retentions number on the MSE website and got through with practically no wait. Hope that helps
arl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

This tends to happen when the contract or special offer ends. Sky don’t notify you, they just hike the price up. Of course, this is perfectly fair as it’s the customer’s place to remember when their current deal ends, but it’s simple to forget and it works out costly.

I tend to write offer end dates on my calendar but I’ve still ended up paying part of a month or so at the higher rate sometimes. Give them a ring and negotiate a new, better deal. I hate how we have to do this so often with Sky though, it takes half a day to sort just to get the right price.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Exactly why I'm not with Sky... absolute rip off.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List