Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

West coast hotels for next year

Hi, looking once again at hotels for a west coast trip next year, won’t be booking any hotels until we have booked flights but I’m researching what would be suitable so I’m ready to book when I see a price I like, we want to go July/August but the hotel sites are showing a lot of them with no availability at that time, is this just because I’m looking too early and more will become available later on?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Depends where you are looking for. National parks do sell out a year in advance at times.

However, many hotels have just block booked out their systems until they know when they can re-open.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I had no problems with this summers hotels eventually, although when I initially started to book in September, I found zero availability for several that I was keen on.

You may just have to wait a while. I like going through ebookers, booking.com, tripadvisor , at least for initial research. They are only showing availability up to July and June, April 2022 respectively.

I have the hotel Rui in SFO for this August.. showing zero availability for summer of 22.
I have the Springhill Suites, Monterey.. showing zero beyond April of 2022
Same it would seem with the rest.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:31 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Depends where you are looking for. National parks do sell out a year in advance at times.

However, many hotels have just block booked out their systems until they know when they can re-open.
Hi thanks for reply, I was kind of thinking it might be something like that, I do want to book Yosemite when we have our definite dates though, fingers crossed
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I had no problems with this summers hotels eventually, although when I initially started to book in September, I found zero availability for several that I was keen on.

You may just have to wait a while. I like going through ebookers, booking.com, tripadvisor , at least for initial research. They are only showing availability up to July and June, April 2022 respectively.

I have the hotel Rui in SFO for this August.. showing zero availability for summer of 22.
I have the Springhill Suites, Monterey.. showing zero beyond April of 2022
Same it would seem with the rest.
Thanks for reply, hopefully more availability will open up in the next few months, fingers crossed
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

One hotel I want if I travel in Summer was showing zero availability from June out this year so I emailed them and got a stock reply but I took the bull with the horns and called them today when it would be early doors for them (3pm ish here) and spoke to a very helpful clerk who said they have full availability for the times I was looking and I have his name now should i wish to make a booking and yes he said he could do a deal to beat any online price (which the tend to be able to do in my experience) - there is walks a way and it pays to be inventive
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
One hotel I want if I travel in Summer was showing zero availability from June out this year so I emailed them and got a stock reply but I took the bull with the horns and called them today when it would be early doors for them (3pm ish here) and spoke to a very helpful clerk who said they have full availability for the times I was looking and I have his name now should i wish to make a booking and yes he said he could do a deal to beat any online price (which the tend to be able to do in my experience) - there is walks a way and it pays to be inventive
Thanks for that reply, that’s really helpful as I wouldn’t have thought of phoning the hotel direct
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You will need to book Yosemite np asap. I booked november last year for October this year and it was limited. I have also found now that some of the hotels especially in San Francisco and San Diego are about $400 more than what I booked them for. Happy planning 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
You will need to book Yosemite np asap. I booked november last year for October this year and it was limited. I have also found now that some of the hotels especially in San Francisco and San Diego are about $400 more than what I booked them for. Happy planning 😊
Thanks for reply, I will hopefully book Yosemite as soon as we book flights👍
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

If you can book it on refundable deposit, I would book Yosemite asap and not wait for flights.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List