Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jan 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Rowan Atkinson but only as Mr Bean.
you should watch james acaster's recent special "Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999", half of it is about his love for mr bean!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
To be fair, it was a golden era when many more subjects were rightly (or wrongly) on the table.
And typically we're now being told what we should like

Oddly at 75 soon I'm totally capable of knowing what I find funny

Mick
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
And typically we're now being told what we should like

Oddly at 75 soon I'm totally capable of knowing what I find funny

Mick
im not saying what you should like, im just saying that there are dozens (hundreds, even) of amazing comedians that are

a) still alive
b) currently releasing material

and maybe some people would benefit from trying a few of them out rather than just sticking to uk gold tv shows from the 70's. theres a lot of great american comedians too!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
im not saying what you should like, im just saying that there are dozens (hundreds, even) of amazing comedians that are

a) still alive

and maybe some people would benefit from trying a few of them out rather than just sticking to uk gold tv shows from the 70's. theres a lot of great american comedians too!
There’s a huge number of amazing American comedians on Netflix. I find Ali Wong and Wanda Sykes absolutely hilarious. Chris Rock and Jim Gaffigan brilliant too
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
The one that kills me is Christine Bleackley and Vic where he’s had the Tattoo of her done. It’s on you tube but I’m not posting the link 😂😂
A 2 minute search - In excellent taste but very funny

Mick
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lou1982 View Post
There’s a huge number of amazing American comedians on Netflix. I find Ali Wong and Wanda Sykes absolutely hilarious. Chris Rock and Jim Gaffigan brilliant too
on a US tip, favourites include: Jim Jefferies (he's australian, and spent a lot of time in the UK, but he's now based in the US), patton oswalt, daniel tosh, john mulaney (and nick kroll - OH HELLO!), jen kirkman, nikki glaser, ron funches, doug benson, natasha leggaro and moshe kasher, marc maron, jim norton, christopher titus, kumail nanjiani and (dare i say it still?) louis CK.

pretty much all of which have netflix specials (or other channels)

oh, and if you like george carlin, the nearest you'll probably get to him nowadays is doug stanhope. love that dude!

on a related tip, THE COMEDY STORE was a 4 part documentary on showtime recently and is well worth a watch

Old 13 Jan 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post

a) still alive

I think its more about the demographics of the dibb than any old school bias.

Personally, I love all comedy, but in particular those that can make you laugh without opening their mouths. Those individuals have a comedic DNA.

Disney332
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do like 8 out of 10 cats does countdown with Sean Lock and Jon Richardson and jimmy car, so funny. Also loved whose Line is it anyway and Mock the week
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I think its more about the demographics of the dibb than any old school bias.

Personally, I love all comedy, but in particular those that can make you laugh without opening their mouths. Those individuals have a comedic DNA.

Disney332
Or even posting a valid opinion without the need to heap on a load of condescension

It is possible But there may be replies that I don't see

Mick
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Another line of comedy was the ventriloquist and the dummy. These pairings were funny because the dummy could say what the operator could not (push the boundries)

I first remember these chaps...Ray Alan and Lord Charles

Disney332