Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I think I banged it a few weeks ago and possibly broke the toe but kept running and ended up with a blister underneath too, the blister burst about three weeks ago, then today the whole toenail has come off and my toe is still bruised where the toenail was 😮😳 it’s not painful anymore though!
Sounds painful 😬
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
I love my Hygge bands. Am ordering another 5 tonight as got offer for buy 1 get 4 free. Don't need more but love the patterns. Also think will wear one on my head and one round my neck in colder weather. 😉
Thanks, I shall take a look a little later.
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Thanks, I shall take a look a little later.
Just ordered some, although the offer I had was buy 1 get 3 free. Still 4 bands for £20 is pretty good.
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Also just enter the Chessington Run Wild 5km race with my dh. The kids will stay at home with my mil as it will be an early morning. Looking forward to it and will keep me motivated to keep running when I go back to uni.
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Just ordered some, although the offer I had was buy 1 get 3 free. Still 4 bands for £20 is pretty good.
I just got 4 too.
They’ve had some good business off us Dibbers today!

4 for the price of 1 is a no brainer.
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Since I ran my first 5K and 10K races in May, I’ve had one injury after another. Then just as I was starting to feel better I had quite a nasty accident (none were running related).

Tonight I finally felt up to putting my trainers back on, so I plucked up the courage and got on my treadmill.

I went back to basics, and after I’d finished I seriously felt like I was going to vomit.

It does feel good to be back running though. I now need to get back into a routine. We’ve got the Scouse 5K in October and then we’ve got the Liverpool Spring 50K in May.

Well done everyone, keep up the good work. I’m off to google Hygge bands 👍
Jedi Princess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Since I ran my first 5K and 10K races in May, I’ve had one injury after another. Then just as I was starting to feel better I had quite a nasty accident (none were running related).

Tonight I finally felt up to putting my trainers back on, so I plucked up the courage and got on my treadmill.

I went back to basics, and after I’d finished I seriously felt like I was going to vomit.
It has been hot today, I was at a circuits class and even with fans going and the doors open I was fighting that want-to-vomit feeling for the last 15 mins and it lingered after I finished. Hopefully just a one off for you.
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
It has been hot today, I was at a circuits class and even with fans going and the doors open I was fighting that want-to-vomit feeling for the last 15 mins and it lingered after I finished. Hopefully just a one off for you.
I hope so, I did my cooling down walk and stretches and had some water. Then I just sat for a bit until I felt better. I’ll put a fan in the gym, I didn’t think of that👍
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve been lurking around this thread for umpteen weeks now and have decided to pop my head up and say hello. I think I was scared as once I admit to anyone I’ve started the C25K I might feel more pressured to do it. That’s supposed to be a good thing right?

I have never ran, or done any kind of exercise but now in my mid forties I want to feel fitter and stronger. When I say I’ve never ran I do mean it. I would wait half an hour for the next train rather than run 30 seconds to catch one 😳.

We have a treadmill in the garage which has had a tarp on it for years and that’s where we store all the beer and wine. So after reading this thread for weeks, and throwing my faith in all the ‘ive never ran but look at me now’ stories, I stripped the tarp off, cleaned it down and turned it on. Well, that first ever run wk1 I thought I might die. I just couldn’t breathe and by the end my legs felt like lead. I repeated it, then got myself confused when big Michael said repeat this run at least 2 more times before moving on, so I did run2 another twice before moving to run3 - which turned out to be the same as run 2. So then it clicked that I should still do each run once and not repeat the same one over and over. I did wonder as Michael said to take a rest day between each one but doing that meant it took me 10 days to do week 1. I was well confused.

Anyway, today I did week2 run1, and having to run 90s instead of 60s nearly killed me again 😳 considering I pretty much doubled week 1 should it have felt that bad? Then I made the mistake of looking ahead at week 3 and the thought of trying to run for 3 minutes terrifies me. How on earth will I ever reach week 5 etc that you guys say you run 20mins and stuff?

My husband runs outside all the time and is telling me that using the treadmill is cheating as the ‘belt does some of the work for you’ is that true? Or is he just being mean? Where we live is really hilly so no matter which direction I would go I would have big up and down hills which I know I couldn’t handle.

I am also wondering if I should really take a rest day in between? Or given I am struggling so much should I do it almost every day so I’ve done a lot more times before I move to a new week with a longer run?

Also I noticed tonight someone said you should run at a pace where you could still speak 4 words together. There’s no chance I could do that so maybe I am running too fast.

I am finding it all so difficult despite just having started but really want to not give up.

Help! 😳

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I’ve been lurking around this thread for umpteen weeks now and have decided to pop my head up and say hello. I think I was scared as once I admit to anyone I’ve started the C25K I might feel more pressured to do it. That’s supposed to be a good thing right?

I have never ran, or done any kind of exercise but now in my mid forties I want to feel fitter and stronger. When I say I’ve never ran I do mean it. I would wait half an hour for the next train rather than run 30 seconds to catch one 😳.

We have a treadmill in the garage which has had a tarp on it for years and that’s where we store all the beer and wine. So after reading this thread for weeks, and throwing my faith in all the ‘ive never ran but look at me now’ stories, I stripped the tarp off, cleaned it down and turned it on. Well, that first ever run wk1 I thought I might die. I just couldn’t breathe and by the end my legs felt like lead. I repeated it, then got myself confused when big Michael said repeat this run at least 2 more times before moving on, so I did run2 another twice before moving to run3 - which turned out to be the same as run 2. So then it clicked that I should still do each run once and not repeat the same one over and over. I did wonder as Michael said to take a rest day between each one but doing that meant it took me 10 days to do week 1. I was well confused.

Anyway, today I did week2 run1, and having to run 90s instead of 60s nearly killed me again 😳 considering I pretty much doubled week 1 should it have felt that bad? Then I made the mistake of looking ahead at week 3 and the thought of trying to run for 3 minutes terrifies me. How on earth will I ever reach week 5 etc that you guys say you run 20mins and stuff?

My husband runs outside all the time and is telling me that using the treadmill is cheating as the ‘belt does some of the work for you’ is that true? Or is he just being mean? Where we live is really hilly so no matter which direction I would go I would have big up and down hills which I know I couldn’t handle.

I am also wondering if I should really take a rest day in between? Or given I am struggling so much should I do it almost every day so I’ve done a lot more times before I move to a new week with a longer run?

Also I noticed tonight someone said you should run at a pace where you could still speak 4 words together. There’s no chance I could do that so maybe I am running too fast.

I am finding it all so difficult despite just having started but really want to not give up.

Help! 😳
Have faith in the programme! It works so well, and it makes what you think is impossible, possible. If you're too tired, you can always slow down, alternatively there is nothing wrong with repeating weeks until you feel confident enough to move on. Just because it's a 9 week programme doesn't mean it needs to be done in 9 weeks. However long it takes you to get there, it's the getting there that matters.

Tell your husband to shut up

You're doing something amazing for you and that's awesome
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List