Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 16, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've got a similar amount booked

Crystal Palace
H & V
Chef Mickeys
Tusker
Cape May

This is over 10 days, and whilst I'm not worried about the characters I'm worried about the repetitive nature of the food.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

No, not too much. In fact I'd add Chef Mickey's in there. Be our Guest isn't a characer meal though.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
We are doing
Crystal palace breakfast
1900 park fare breakfast
1900 park fare dinner
Cape may cafe breakfast
Garden grille breakfast
Chef Mickey breakfast
Tusker house breakfast
BOG dinner
my DD and DS are 15 and 17
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016
disneylover43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

We are paying as not on ddp and have booked crystal palace, tusker house, garden grill, Hollywood and vine and want to do a princess meal and also beaches and cream. Im worried about the food getting boring and it being too many oop but I just hope my little girl loves it (we have never been before)
Ld1978 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
We are paying as not on ddp and have booked crystal palace, tusker house, garden grill, Hollywood and vine and want to do a princess meal and also beaches and cream. Im worried about the food getting boring and it being too many oop but I just hope my little girl loves it (we have never been before)
I also worried about food being a but similar.
We have booked;
CRT lunch
Akershus breakfast
Tusker house lunch
Cape may breakfast
Mickey BBQ
Perfectly princess teaparty@ gf( think that's what's it called)
BOG dinner
H and v breakfast.

We have a princess mad 3 year old but also Minnie Mouse mad so trying to get a balance! Also 8 and 21 year old boy so having to do some non character meals as well!
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

On our first 14 night dining plan trip we had: cape may breakfast, chef Mickey's dinner, crystal palace dinner, 1900 Park fare breakfast, Mickey's backyard bbq and 'Ohana's breakfast. It was too much for us (our twins were 7) and by the 2nd week I ended up cancelling 2 or 3.

That's my point really, if you feel they are too much you can cancel ( with notice) and book some non character meals.
Old 23 May 16, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

We are off for 14 nights also and looking to book...

1 Crystal Palace (B)
2 Play & Dine (D)
3 C&D Harvest (B)
4 Chef Mickeys (D)
5 1900 Park Fayre (B)
6 Be Our Guest (D)
7 Ohana (B)
8 Crystal Palace (D)

We will have 7 Children with us (not all mine lol) aged from 2-9 so I think with the choices we have covered the character base lol

Edited at 11:40 AM.
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I love garden grill but you might want to consider sticking with the princess place in Eocot ( I can't spell it either). What you might want to do is consider a pre park opening breakfast there though if meeting Ana and Elsa is important to you, I'd keep an eye on that situation.
I don't think the food at your choices is too samey.
Old 23 May 16, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

We did five, and that wasn't too much at all. The food is actually not that samey either, especially if you have a mixture of different meals. We loved the variety at Tusker House lunch, for example. And yes, a breakfast buffet is a breakfast buffet, but the selections do vary a bit and you can easily pick different stuff. Cape May was our favourite character breakfast buffet though - the food was really good. We also did Akershus breakfast and that was fab. Didn't do CRT, but from what I've read Akershus seems better. CRT is two credits for similar food and similar princesses.

It's worth checking which characters are at the ones you plan to eat at as the characters being repetitious may be worse than the food(if you want to meet as many as possible).

I'd also say be aware that character meals aren't necessarily the most relaxing. You are up and down doing the meeting and taking pictures and have to time your visits to the buffet a bit (they will bring characters back if they miss your, but you may have a wait.) Just worth noting that it's not like a normal meal, and that may mean doing lots doesn't suit everyone.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Harmit2
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks all. We have researched which princesses etc are likely to appear so are trying not to overkill on that too much.

I'm now wondering if i need to factor in we have ddp so one quick service and one table service per day etc...will we still be able to do these character meals on our plan?
Harmit2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread