Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I work in the industry. About 1/3 of people do not have travel insurance even though it can cost as little as £9 per trip!
If you could give me a quote for £9 per trip I’d be so pleased
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our last three annual premiums have been in excess of £800 each time but there's no way we'd go without it.

If we want to continue visiting it's simply a cost we have to factor in.

Mick
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
To be honest, I always have annual insurance but I’ve never claimed. I now have a lot of health conditions which are all declared, however I do wonder if I did have to claim would it be worth the paper it’s written on - probably not. I take the belief that unless you have absolutely no medical history there would always be a way the insurance company would wiggle out of it.

That said, I still pay hefty premiums every year in the hope I at least have a chance of being covered.
I had to claim last year for a terrible ear infection which made my ear bleed and my face swell up like shrek. I had a cheaper insurance too and they paid right up with no issues and were just so brilliant when I was crying down tbe phone to them while sat in centracare. I 100% will always be insured, defo worth it.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Our last three annual premiums have been in excess of £800 each time but there's no way we'd go without it.

If we want to continue visiting it's simply a cost we have to factor in.

Mick
Same here and I 100% agree with you !

Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Most travel insurance won’t cover pregnancy after 28 weeks - must have been close.
This isn’t the case, though it might have been in the past.

I flew while 31 weeks pregnant with my son 10 years ago and my policy covered for pregnancy with a single baby up to 36 weeks. I was less pregnant 2 years ago, but again my policy was the same and every policy I looked at had the same limit.

For their insurance quote to be £4K means they must have had a high-risk pregnancy, or some other condition and also didn’t shop around. Really foolish of them, but thankfully the baby is getting good care.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
I had to claim last year for a terrible ear infection which made my ear bleed and my face swell up like shrek. I had a cheaper insurance too and they paid right up with no issues and were just so brilliant when I was crying down tbe phone to them while sat in centracare. I 100% will always be insured, defo worth it.

Oh no doubt.. this year I’ve paid just under £700 for my insurance and I wouldn’t go without it. I am so pleased you had such a positive experience.

I am just cynical as I wonder when it’s a bill for $1000 v $1 million if the latter might be more heavily scrutinised and denied (tongue in cheek)
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Oh no doubt.. this year I’ve paid just under £700 for my insurance and I wouldn’t go without it. I am so pleased you had such a positive experience.

I am just cynical as I wonder when it’s a bill for $1000 v $1 million if the latter might be more heavily scrutinised and denied (tongue in cheek)
Definitely ! I claimed around £300 total for dr visit and ear drops made of what I can only assume was solid gold leaf, so I am sure that's why it wasnt quibbled 😊

Old 30 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Not in a million years. I also don’t accept the insurance was £4000 - loads of Dibbers go to Florida whilst pregnant and presumably don’t pay that? The GoFundMe page cheeses me off, asking others to pay for their arrogance and stupidity.
This , To add if it was £4000 I would cancel or delay the holiday.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We have paid a lot to cover pre existing medical conditions since 2000 when DS spent a week in Celebration intensive care costing over $100k.

This year our bank wouldn’t cover DS as he had a kidney removed due to cancer. They suggested we paid our normal pre existing charge but have no cover for anything to do with the cancer. We walked and paid over £2k for the year elsewhere. Otherwise our holidays for this year would have been our week in Torquay repeated around the country.

Edited at 08:38 PM.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Our annual insurance ran out at midnight on the return flight from Florida (insurance wouldn’t extend it), so we took out a week insurance just to cover us for those few hours. It was a pain, but needed doing. I couldn’t fly without it.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List