Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Sep 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Dubai august 2021

After much deliberation over going we have just got back from a last minute trip from Dubai and so glad we made the decision to go. Never been on a holiday with only 6 days of planning involved but it was amazing from start to finish.

We spent 5 nights in an all inclusive hotel just enjoying doing nothing and eating lots of food. Followed by a couple nights with family exploring Dubai and 5 days at Dubai parks.

We visited Dubai mall, mall of the emirates, Dubai frame, img world and the parks at park Dubai. The parks were so quiet and staff far outnumbered visitors! We never had to que for a single ride whilst in the parks which was a very strange experience - think this was a combination of the heat and fact the schools had gone back.

The theming of the parks were amazing. Park Dubai consists of a legoland, legoland water park (very small), motiongate park and Bollywood park which are all in walking distance of each other and connected by the french village - unfortunately nothing in the village was open other than MacDonald’s - hopefully they will reopen the restaurants in this area soon.

Lots of photos coming up for anyone who is interested! Would definitely recommend as an Amber list destination.

AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022Lapland Jan 2023, New York, Vero beach, Yacht club and Wilderness Lodge Aug 2023

Edited at 11:36 PM.
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great photos - Dubai is on my list to visit too.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Looks amazing! Glad you had an amazing time 😀.
We were thinking of going in November as our Orlando trip isn’t realistically going to happen (as much as we’re keeping everything crossed), but one thing that I’d find tough is wearing a mask outside in the heat. How did you all find it?
We love to get out and about and walk a lot, but I’d struggle with a mask outside for long periods in heat.
I didn’t realise there are so many parks there, definitely on my list for another time. Thanks for posting the photos 😎
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
We were thinking of going in November as our Orlando trip isn’t realistically going to happen (as much as we’re keeping everything crossed), but one thing that I’d find tough is wearing a mask outside in the heat. How did you all find it?
We love to get out and about and walk a lot, but I’d struggle with a mask outside for long periods in heat.
I didn’t realise there are so many parks there, definitely on my list for another time. Thanks for posting the photos 😎
We were worried about the mask situation too - especially for the kids, but was honestly fine. In the hotels people only wore them inside and walked about outside and around pool area without them. They were strictly enforced in the parks and in the malls with security telling everyone to wear their masks. Was no issue in malls as so well air conditioned and parks are geared up for heat with air conditioned ques and lots of indoor areas. Not a hundred percent on the accuracy but a couple taxi drivers told us there are plans to relax the mask wearing rules in a few weeks 🤞
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022Lapland Jan 2023, New York, Vero beach, Yacht club and Wilderness Lodge Aug 2023
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk

Originally Posted by donna252 View Post
We were worried about the mask situation too - especially for the kids, but was honestly fine. In the hotels people only wore them inside and walked about outside and around pool area without them. They were strictly enforced in the parks and in the malls with security telling everyone to wear their masks. Was no issue in malls as so well air conditioned and parks are geared up for heat with air conditioned ques and lots of indoor areas. Not a hundred percent on the accuracy but a couple taxi drivers told us there are plans to relax the mask wearing rules in a few weeks 🤞
That’s really good to hear that it didn’t affect you too much, thanks. I really want to go as the shopping looks great (loved the photo of Bath and Body Works!)
Really interesting that they may relax rules as well, I’ll keep my eyes open for that. That would be the deal clincher for us 😃
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Essexguy52
I want to go now!

We used to go to Orlando every year, but with the constant price rises etc, tried Dubai/Abu Dhabi .
Whilst the theme parks are no where near as special as Disney World , Universal and Busch Gardens they are still fun and have some really good theming.
Usually very quiet so hardly ever any queues.
As well as those already mentioned, its worth a trip to Abu Dhabi, only an hour or so by taxi from Dubai to visit Warner Bros and Ferrari World, both excellent .
Seaworld Abu Dhabi is supposed to be opening in 2022 too.
We find the hotels , food , service are all miles better than orlando .
If you go in the hot summer months , some real bargains can be had as well.
Also make sure you buy the Entertainer App before you go , many buy one get one free offers on food,theme parks etc, saves a fortune.
theentertainerme/en-ae/dubai-n-emirates

Edited at 09:29 AM.
Essexguy52 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Donna. I am thinking of booking Dubai for next month, just waiting for our Florida trip to be cancelled. I have been before but not with the kids. Which all inclusive did you stay in? I did look at the Dubai parks hotel but didn’t know if my kids are too old for the parks? (15 and 16) I’d not thought of doing a split stay so that’s a good idea I will look into. Also what sort of prices are food and drink these days? We went all inclusive 5 years ago and for every meal we had, they gave us the bill (which we didn’t have to pay as we were all inclusive) but I remember some pretty eye watering prices!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Essexguy52
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Donna. I am thinking of booking Dubai for next month, just waiting for our Florida trip to be cancelled. I have been before but not with the kids. Which all inclusive did you stay in? I did look at the Dubai parks hotel but didn’t know if my kids are too old for the parks? (15 and 16) I’d not thought of doing a split stay so that’s a good idea I will look into. Also what sort of prices are food and drink these days? We went all inclusive 5 years ago and for every meal we had, they gave us the bill (which we didn’t have to pay as we were all inclusive) but I remember some pretty eye watering prices!
i would only go All Inc if you drink a lot of alcohol and dont spend a lot of time away from the hotel.
Half Board or even B&B with the entertainer app to get BOGOF on meals would work out cheaper and offer you more fleixbility.
Essexguy52 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk

Originally Posted by Essexguy52 View Post
We used to go to Orlando every year, but with the constant price rises etc, tried Dubai/Abu Dhabi .
Whilst the theme parks are no where near as special as Disney World , Universal and Busch Gardens they are still fun and have some really good theming.
Usually very quiet so hardly ever any queues.
As well as those already mentioned, its worth a trip to Abu Dhabi, only an hour or so by taxi from Dubai to visit Warner Bros and Ferrari World, both excellent .
Seaworld Abu Dhabi is supposed to be opening in 2022 too.
We find the hotels , food , service are all miles better than orlando .
If you go in the hot summer months , some real bargains can be had as well.
Also make sure you buy the Entertainer App before you go , many buy one get one free offers on food,theme parks etc, saves a fortune.
theentertainerme/en-ae/dubai-n-emirates
Thanks for these tips! I didn't realise AD was so close. A friend just moved there, so we could combine a visit with him :-)

And great tip on the Entertainer app, thanks!

I am really hoping the mask restrictions ease for outside, then all we need to do is wait for our MCO cancellation and we can book. We already decided on the Marriott Harbour hotel and suites as we are bonvoy members, and it seems nice and close to the Walk, harbour etc.

I agree, Orlando is getting a bit expensive to say the least with price rises, but we can't seem to kick it. This seems like a good (forced) opportunity to try something different
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Essexguy52
I want to go now!

Thanks for these tips! I didn't realise AD was so close. A friend just moved there, so we could combine a visit with him :-)

And great tip on the Entertainer app, thanks!

I am really hoping the mask restrictions ease for outside, then all we need to do is wait for our MCO cancellation and we can book. We already decided on the Marriott Harbour hotel and suites as we are bonvoy members, and it seems nice and close to the Walk, harbour etc.

I agree, Orlando is getting a bit expensive to say the least with price rises, but we can't seem to kick it. This seems like a good (forced) opportunity to try something different
we took the voucher from BA and cancelled our Orlando holiday for December and rebooked Dubai .
We too are marriott Bonvoy members ,but dont tie yourself to just marriott brand hotels unless you are getting a great rate through there best price guarantee .
So many lovely hotels in Duabi to try.
If you are looking at the Marina Area, Grosvenor House and Le Royal Meridian are both good Marriott Group Hotels and worth a look.