Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Feb 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Child’s passport, renewing to an adult one.

Just realised my DS’s passport runs out this month, it was a child’s one (he turns 21 this summer) will it just be a renewal and will he just fill out a renewal form? It was 5 yrs ago when we did DD’s and I can’t remember.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, he can just renew online.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Online is the easiest way to do it, did our girls’ ones last year child to adult and couldn’t believe how easy it was.
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Hasn't he had an adult one when he turned 16? We just renewed online, took a photo in the house and uploaded that. Had it back in 2 weeks. Far easier than completing a paper form.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

We've just done this, you'll need a new photo but it can all be done online. We used the digital photo booth at Morrisons, you get a code that you enter on the application form and it uploads your photo. You'll need to post the expiring passport back and you'll be emailed an address of where to send once you have completed the online application, our postoffice had special envelopes to send in. New passport arrived within 10 days.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Hasn't he had an adult one when he turned 16? We just renewed online, took a photo in the house and uploaded that. Had it back in 2 weeks. Far easier than completing a paper form.
The OPs son would have been 15 when they last renewed his passport. Hence he would have got a 5 year one.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
No he was 15 when we needed to renew his and not near enough to 16 for an adult one.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

I’m sure going from a child to an adult passport is considered a renewal, I think it’s only considered a new adult application if the applicant has not had a passport previously. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong though. gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

I’ve just renewed my 15yr olds but still as a child passport as he isn’t 16 until later in the year. I applied online, sent his old passport back the same day but late in the afternoon and his new passport arrived just over a week later. I just took the photo myself on my phone and it was accepted.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Thank you all for your replies, he’s home at the weekend so will get it sorted.