Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 20, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

I sold 2 old iPhones to CEX online during lockdown. It did take maybe 2 weeks to get the money in my account but it did state there would be delays on the website.

If you do decide to go down the online route then I always pay extra to send it special delivery. Usually costs about £8 but I’d rather take the hit on that than it go missing in the post. Also means you know it’s been delivered. Touch wood I’ve never had an issue selling tech online this way.
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

What colour is it?

I have sold my last one through Argos. They had an offer when you bought a phone with them. They added extra £50 on value of phone
Old 22 Aug 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s the space grey one.
I need to check around a bit don’t I!

I’ve delayed Cribbs until Wednesday and I’m going to pop it onto FB to begin with, with collection only (I’m not ready to worry about posting lol).

We’ll see what happens over the next few days and by then I’ll hopefully have my backup plan!

Thanks again everyone! Dibbers always know what to do! ☺️
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

if it helps, i will take it of your hands for £100 , you can post it and i will take the risk that you package it up well

all part of the service i provide
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

You shouldn’t feel embarrassed, but I can understand it if you haven’t sold anything before. We’ve previously sold a number of old phoned via Music Magpie which was all done by post. We then sold some more items via CEX last week and they were fab. They also upgraded the amount on one of my items and money received just over 24 hours of dropping the items off.
Old 22 Aug 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son dropped his to CEX on his lunch break and they said providing it worked on testing they would give him £170 then he dropped by after work and they gave him the cash. I agree you could get more selling privately but I can the doing with the people who want something for nothing. My friend listed an iPhone a few months ago on Facebook and it was £50 or something ridiculous and she had message after message offering £20 and £30!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
My son dropped his to CEX on his lunch break and they said providing it worked on testing they would give him £170 then he dropped by after work and they gave him the cash. I agree you could get more selling privately but I can the doing with the people who want something for nothing. My friend listed an iPhone a few months ago on Facebook and it was £50 or something ridiculous and she had message after message offering £20 and £30!
Admittedly I had similar - I also had someone get stroppy cause I posted on market place and the local selling - she was 1st on the selling, but actually the 3rd to claim (she then passed anyway!). Be very clear in your listing about collection only can be prepared to decline stupid offers and people trying to get you to post (make sure your town is right in the listing, I also added a partial postcode to the text (just the RH4 bit)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi everyone!

Well just an update! I popped the phone on FB Marketplace for £280.

In the meantime DH said that we should still pop into GAME and see what they’d give me. So we went after all.

They tested the phone (which took about 10 mins) and then offered me £277.80 - a bit of a random number, but I snatched his hand off!

I’m thrilled! It was easy peasy and not in the least bit embarrassing.

Thank you everyone for all your ideas and Matt, I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to use your superior service! 😄
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’ve sold mine through O2 a few times now and never had an issue - always the expensive postage though.

I would definitely do game or CEX of you don’t want to post. The decline in value rapidly when you just leave them we do it with every phone. Usually goes on holiday spends

Whoops - just seen your update! Fab price!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Hi everyone!

Well just an update! I popped the phone on FB Marketplace for £280.

In the meantime DH said that we should still pop into GAME and see what they’d give me. So we went after all.

They tested the phone (which took about 10 mins) and then offered me £277.80 - a bit of a random number, but I snatched his hand off!

I’m thrilled! It was easy peasy and not in the least bit embarrassing.

Thank you everyone for all your ideas and Matt, I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to use your superior service! 😄
glad its sorted now

if i can help with buying any other goods at way under the market value, then please do ask
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List