Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 07, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

BIG Dilema!

OK Guys - I really need you objective advice/opinions!

Have just been messing about with dates on the DCL web site (Jeez will somebody PLEASE keep me off that site!)
Anyway - I see that there is availability for a 7 night cruise Western on 12th Jan (we are booked on 4 night on 13th Jan) I have already paid the balance so to scrape together an additional $1500 is do-able. BUT there is also a 7 night eastern cruise going on the 19th Jan...

Can you see where this is going?

I am trying to decide if we should-

a) stick with the cruise we booked as we are first timers and might not like it/get seasick, and we have Discovery cove booked for 19th Jan and the itinerary planned

b)Switch DC to another day (will I have to pay a penalty for that?) and go on the Western on the 12th, doing WDW, HRH & Universal after the cruise, and seaworld/Busch DC before the cruise

c)Switch DC to another day, do the Eastern cruise on the 19th with HRH & Universal after it, an WDW/seaworld/DC/Busch before the cruise

Any help with suggestion or talk me into it/talk me out of it much appreciated!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 07, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Personally, I would stick with your original booking as;

1/ the 4 night cruise is an excellent introduction... and it is nice to have an excuse to go back and cruise again, to do something bigger and better, and especially with the benefit of some DCL experience, for a longer cruise. For example you'll have a better idea if you want to do a Western or an Eastern, since one has more sea days than the other.

2/You will also get a good reduction (10%) if you make a booking when on board the ship ...that's a very good discount on a 7 night one, and especially if you decide to up the experience by going for a better cat. cabin.

3/ It is better (if you are able) to have a slightly longer holiday arranged in Orlando if you are to do the 7 night one - we are doing 18 nights next year with ours..otherwise we felt we would just not have enough time to enjoy all the other aspects of the holiday.

I think it would be highly unlikely that you would not enjoy it, so they would be my primary reasons for not going straight into the 7 night one.

Its tempting I know, and it may not be what you want to hear, but I would go with what you have booked - though I think you can rearrange DC once, with no penalty.

Good luck with your decision !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 03:52 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 07, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Its so dfficult to decide!
I phoned DH in work and asked his opinion - he said '' whatever Sam, Im mad busy and havent really got time to talk about it so I will just say this - go all out and plan what you like I will be happy to go along with whatever you decide to do - this will be our last trip, we have to start getting decent savings behind us so spend what you like on this trip and make the most of it coz there aint gonig to be another''

I am happy with the trip I have planned already - but dont want to get off the boat thinking ''ohh god I wish I booked the 7 night trip because that was so brilliant and I may not get the chance to do it again''

what to do what do what to do?
Old 5 Apr 07, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

[QUOTE=CBR600]
I am happy with the trip I have planned already - but dont want to get off the boat thinking ''ohh god I wish I booked the 7 night trip ''
[QUOTE]

You will - so book it !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 04:05 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 07, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieD
slightly serious Dibber

Sam
Can I throw a spanner in the works and say do the 7 nighter! We did a 3 nighter as our 1st cruise and are doing a 3 nighter again in dec BUT we are only doing this as this is the only cruise we can get to fit in with our dates as we have school to contend with and other accomodation booked that is not changeable, however, if there was any way we could have swung it we definately would have gone for a 7 nighter as we loved it so much last time and I would defy anyone to really dislike a Disney Cruise. If this is your last time for a while I would do it in style!

Natalie
~1992 Vistana Resort~1993 International Gateway~1997 Vistana Resort~1999 Vistana Resort~2001 Vistana Resort/Holiday Inn Sanibel Beach Resort~2003 Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort/Vistana Resort/Villa@Fort Myers~2005 POFQ/Vistana Resort/Disney Wonder/Orange Lake Country Club ~2007 Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/Vistana Resort/Disney All Star Movies~2010-Disney's Old Key West/Carnival Inspiration -~2014 Villa~2015 Las Vegas
NatalieD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 07, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We chose the 7 day one cos everyone I spoke to said you'll get off the 3 and 4 and wish you'd booked the 7.
Old 5 Apr 07, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Oh Sam, how exciting.

I would go with booking the 7 night one. I like Natalie could only fit the 3 night one around my dates as we already had accommodation booked and this was the only cruise that fitted in.
If I could of I would of booked a longer one.

Go for it girl, if this is your last trip, you might as well do it in style.
Old 5 Apr 07, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
well, I'd book the 7 night too (of course) I'd have a look at the details of the itinerary for each of the eastern and western cruises and decide which places you like best to decide which date you want to go. I can tell you about the Eastern but not the western til 3 weeks time!

If as your dh says, this will be the last big holiday for a while I'd really go for it!
Old 5 Apr 07, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Well - I have just e-mailed dreams asking for a quote to a 7 night cruise keeping the cabin etc the same, cant hurt to find out can it?

I am thinking of doing the 19th Jan cruise (the one that goes to St Marrten, is that Eastern or Weastern? can never remember) I picked that anyway because it gives more 'at sea' days, and I want to relax and enjoy the ship as opposed to see loads of places/do excursions.

If I go ahead and book our itinerary will look something like this - please let me know if you think I am being un-realistic and trying to cram too much in!

Arrive 7th Jan - Stay in villa, do all Disney parks, seaworld, Discovery cove & Busch

19th Jan - 7 day magic

26th Jan- back to villa for 2 days chilling/packing

28th Jan - HRH for 3 nights to do Universal

31st Jan - fly to Santiago for 2 nights then flight home

Do you think 11 days before the cruise is enough time to fit in all the Disney parks, seaworld, Busch and DC ? I thought that if we went hell for leather the first 11 days we could relax on the ship before going at it again to do Universal - what do yoy all think - is it a Yes or a No?
Old 5 Apr 07, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Looks good to me ... infact...wish it WAS me

PS. You will be flying home the day before we arrive.

Closed Thread