Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 04, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone been to Chucke Cheese?

Hi
After reading about this on spft play thread below, I just wondered if anyone had been to the one on International Drive?
Was what it like, ok for a mooch around and to let the kids run round for abit?
How close is it ti Quality Inn International?

thanks
Hacarya
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 04, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I know Dave (thefatman) has been quite a few times, as he suggested it to me. Maybe drop him a PM?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 04, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
theFatman
Excited about Disney

Its probably only 10 mins walk max from the QII just head up I drive towards Wet & Wild and its on the right.

Its more of a kids (read under 10's) amusement arcade rather than soft play place, there are lots of kiddie friendly machines, typical fun fair arcade stuff (some high tech but mostly games like mole bashing, and bowling), some climbing tubes and a couple of ball pits, but main emphasis is on you buying tokens for the kids to feed the games etc. Each game gives "prize" tickets back so all the kids leave with a toy of some sort.

My kids love it there, now 7 & 9 and still want to include it on our next trip, they've been there every year since they were babies.

You need to buy tokens for the games/ machines etc and they do loads of different priced packages..some including food.
The pizza there is pretty good

So in our case the kids are happy for an hour or so playing the games and I get to eat some very nice Pizza
  • Carnival GLORY 04
  • RCCL 7 times 05,06,07,08,08,09,09
theFatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 04, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I posted a coupon on the other thread but go to their site for e-mail coupons, newsletter, etc.. If you buy a Sunday paper typically there are Chuck E Cheese coupons in the sales adverts/food coupon section.

Chuck E Cheese
Old 3 Jun 04, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

We went to one a couple of times in Houston.

Will amuze the under 10's mainly. The one in Houston had plastic tubes to climb through, and various sorts of game machines. You buy tokens to go into the machines and depending on your score, you get a strip of a certain number of paper tickets. They are mainly the interactive sort of game that young children would like - e.g. hitting pop-up Pokemon characters with a hammer, catching pin-pong balls with a cup on the end of a stick etc.

When you have finished playing (or spent all your money! ) you can swap your tickets for prizes displayed in glass cabinets - they'll have the number of tickets required next to each item.

In the restaurant area there was a sort of theatre bit with life-sized animated characters which sing songs and play instruments.
Old 3 Jun 04, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Are the prizes worth winning or is it bits of cheap tat?
Don't want the kids to spend a fortune and then come away with something worth pennies
Lin xxxxxxxxxx
Old 3 Jun 04, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Well, I wouldn't say they were worth the money - put it that way!

Things like sourvenir pencils, pencil toppers, stencils - semi useful stuff, but definitely not really worth the money!

Zoe
Old 4 Jun 04, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post

We went to the one on I Drive a couple of years back and it was quite entertaining... but very noisy...they have a lot of kids parties there. There were amusement games such as air hockey and things which were good, and you get so many free tokens with your meal (pizza, hot dog etc) and you need to buy the rest.
There seems to be a collecting thing going on, with the more ticket things you win, the better the prize. The food wasn't the best in the world but it was interesting...especially this weird animated mouse character which the US kids thought was amazing.
Old 4 Jun 04, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread