Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Apr 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Stressful FP booking day

OMG, I hate this system, although I have managed to book pretty much what I wanted, it has taken almost 2 hours! I couldn't get a wishes fast pass, even looked for the new name but no chance, will have to just mingle with the crowds for that one... disney are taking a lot of the pleasure out of this, I can't imagine what it will be like when I book my November ones as i am off site so have little to no chance of getting what I want :angry:
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

I think it's a marmite thing. Some love it, others hate it. I must admit I preferred the old system as IMO it was fairer to everyone, but I guess those staying onsite would expect some preferential treatment for the additional cost of the holiday.

We stayed offsite and I gave up trying to book FP's as they were all gone every day. Disney told us there are some held back and released plus there will be people that cancel theirs as they decide on their plans, but we just ended up going with the flow.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Wishes doesn't have a fastpass. They stopped them a year ago now.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Wishes doesn't have a fastpass. They stopped them a year ago now.
that explains that one then, tx
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Another strong disliker of the new(ish) system. It's a Marmite issue and some people do prefer it, but it's a real spontaneity killer.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
I think it's a marmite thing. Some love it, others hate it. I must admit I preferred the old system as IMO it was fairer to everyone, but I guess those staying onsite would expect some preferential treatment for the additional cost of the holiday.

We stayed offsite and I gave up trying to book FP's as they were all gone every day. Disney told us there are some held back and released plus there will be people that cancel theirs as they decide on their plans, but we just ended up going with the flow.
It's not even the preferential treatment thing for me (I'm actually staying on site), it's the gone are the days that you could just get up and think, I think I'll go to Epcot today... Or just wander around and walk up to rides, choose if to queue or to get a FP ticket... instead of frog marching across the park to make the allocated slot you arranged three months ago...
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
It's not even the preferential treatment thing for me (I'm actually staying on site), it's the gone are the days that you could just get up and think, I think I'll go to Epcot today... Or just wander around and walk up to rides, choose if to queue or to get a FP ticket... instead of frog marching across the park to make the allocated slot you arranged three months ago...
You don't hear me disagree I just remember the threads when this was introduced before our last trip. Some people got quite heated about it Personally we prefer to decide on the day what we want to do, but as you say, nowadays you almost need to plan to the nth degree.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

I am on site as well for this trip in June and honestly its got my nerves in tatters...that's it now, whatever I've got i've got, if we miss headliners so be it...its my 7th time anyway but it really is losing the magic a bit now for me
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

I absolutely hate the system with a passion and the dining reservations at 180 days out, can't believe we have to decide where we are going so far in advance. Last time we went in 2015 it was our 4th time, but, first using the Fastpass and dining reservation system and it was the worst of the four holidays we have had there simply because of this. We were eating when we weren't hungry, rushing to our Fastpass and missing out on the bits in between each Fastpass ride. At one point we had to linger around an area for 30 minutes while waiting for our Fastpass, we may as well of queued up in the standby queue in the end.

The other three times we went we didn't have these and it was incredible, we woke up each morning and went to whatever park we felt like, not, the park we had a Fastpass/Dining reservation for and we ate when we were hungry, unfortunately with all the FREE Dining offers this will probably never happen again.

Such an expensive holiday shouldn't be this military surely?
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Personally I quite like having it all planned ahead. I think the holiday is much more relaxing knowing that we are going to get to do everything we want to do and not miss out on anything. if you are early for you FP then why not go have a relaxing drink, or queue in the normal queue, ride the ride and then use your fast pass again to ride? Only thing we don't do is the dining as I'm not a fan of staying on-site so like to leave our food options open.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List