Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Sep 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Motion sickness ranking the simulation rides

Only 3 weeks till my 1st visit to universal age 60+ with my wife and 2 grandsons age 14 and 11, no idea how we will cope with the rides, 20 years since my wife and i went on a big ride (the big one blackpool the young ones havent been on any. I seem to remember i was ok on coasters but not on anything that spins. Trying to ease our way into the parks rather than make ourselves ill, so is there any sort of ranking regarding the simulation rides, i am assuming forbidden journey and simpsons are worst by what i read on here so what order would anyone suggest ( subjective i know) that i approach these rides starting from the tamest to the worst . Will have our bands/ patches/ tablets on hand just in case
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Mission Space, forbidden Journey and Simpsons def worst for me!
Always fine with Soarin.
The Universal ones that move along a track so Kong, Spiderman, Transformers etc im always ok with
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

I found simpsons ride was the worst. But if you go to a pharmacy get some Dramamine a non drowsy motion sickness tablet I never had any problems with these on any ride.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Simpsons for me. I found forbidden journey absolutely fine. Just felt slightly mleh on Simpsons but I don't really suffer from motion sickness
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Siberiananya
Getting to know the DIBB

Simpsons ride was by far the worst, I felt awful for a couple of hours after that. Mission space made me feel a bit dodgy, sort of hung over so I missed my soarin FP and sat on wall feeling sorry for myself. Gringots, transformers, Spider-Man I was fine with.
Siberiananya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm normally okay but after going on Forbidden Journey I was unapproachable for a good few hours.
Old 8 Sep 17, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Swimmer68
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Forbidden journey made me ill would not do mission space as I know that would do the same , I am alright on soaring , gringotts and was ok on the new aviator flight of passage but did have to look away a few times as started to feel queasy but you can just look behind you to not see the screen . I'm fine on shrek and minions . Have fun
Swimmer68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm fine on everything but Spider-Man we have to do it first as DH the boys and now their partners carry nappy sacs for me to spew in when I come off while sombody gets me coffee and I eat the bagel I've brought from home and I'm fine but Tower of Terror I'm banned from as I caused sheer havoc according to the sons the last time Aka paramedics carted off to Er etc
The rest some done once is enough as they say but I hate and refuse to do any water parks at all and belive me they have taken me white water rafting bob sliding tabogin runs etc all
Of which I'd do again but Tower of Terror nope no,way ever
And in June DS took his Partners 90 year old GM on everything and she loved the water Parks the Hulk and Sherika butbfelt the tea cups were lame

Edited at 01:34 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Definitely FJ , simpsons and even transformers / spider man made me feel a little green.
Kong was fine .
Flight of passage made me feel awful which is strange as dh has motion sickness too but he was ok .
Oh minions was rank and seemed to go on forever ! So bumpy and jolty
There seems to be lots of different types of motion sickness .

Edited at 08:08 AM.
Old 8 Sep 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
I found simpsons ride was the worst. But if you go to a pharmacy get some Dramamine a non drowsy motion sickness tablet I never had any problems with these on any ride.
These didn't work for me on Forbidden journey