Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 20 Mar 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Beapay
Trying for More Ears

Hi, we returned from Orlando a couple of weeks ago. I’m approx a size 22-24 and 5ft 4
I had no problems with any of the Disney rides we went on apart from flights of passage, the test seat was too tight so I didn’t risk it.
At universal/IOA I couldn’t fit in the escape from gringots test seat but did fit the forbidden journey, strangely the test seat was roomier for me than the actual ride which was rather tight, but worth the squeeze as it’s really good fun.
Rip saw falls was a tight fit and when youre very wet can be a little difficult to get out! And the seat belt on bluto’s barges was a little tight but ok

I think with a lot of the rides it’s due to body shape not size, we saw a very tall man unable to fit on 7 dwarves ride and somebody I would class as ‘normal’ sized unable to fit on the mummy, there’s no real yes or no answers. We saw lots of people trying the test seats, some just for photo opportunities so nobody bats an eyelid.
Beapay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Ripsaw falls is impossible for anyone to get out of!
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can anyone tell me what the restraints are like on the orange version of Mission Space? I did the green version just fine but not sure if the seats etc are the same size.

TIA
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Can anyone tell me what the restraints are like on the orange version of Mission Space? I did the green version just fine but not sure if the seats etc are the same size.

TIA
Hope you don’t mind me asking, What are the restraints like on green? Last time we went I was too nervous to go on it incase i wouldn’t fit, but this time I really want to try! I’ve read that it’s a shoulder restraint and you move very close to the desk thing infront of you. Is it quite tight? Worried I’ll be too big for the restraint or the desk! Thank you! Xx
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamsOfOrlando View Post
Hope you don’t mind me asking, What are the restraints like on green? Last time we went I was too nervous to go on it incase i wouldn’t fit, but this time I really want to try! I’ve read that it’s a shoulder restraint and you move very close to the desk thing infront of you. Is it quite tight? Worried I’ll be too big for the restraint or the desk! Thank you! Xx
Hi,
It is a shoulder restraint and once it's over the desk part of the ride moves towards you. It is quite close if you're claustaphobic but you don't get squashed. I'm about a uk size 26 if that helps.
Old 1 Apr 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone having concerns... Have a peek at our Vlog.

I had recent lost 5 stone (still more to loose) and was a size 20 when we went last year.

Previous trips I had been unable to ride a lot of the rides, this time I was able to ride everything!

RIP ride Rocket
Flights of passage
Gringotts escape
Forbidden journey
The hulk ...

Literally everything and with no problem! We did not visit Seaworld on this trip though but at my biggest I could still fit on Manta and Kraken... but I know Mako it quite tight.

Have a peek at our Vlogs, there are only two up as yet but it will give you an idea of our shapes!

2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cintabelle View Post
Anyone having concerns... Have a peek at our Vlog.

I had recent lost 5 stone (still more to loose) and was a size 20 when we went last year.

Previous trips I had been unable to ride a lot of the rides, this time I was able to ride everything!

RIP ride Rocket
Flights of passage
Gringotts escape
Forbidden journey
The hulk ...

Literally everything and with no problem! We did not visit Seaworld on this trip though but at my biggest I could still fit on Manta and Kraken... but I know Mako it quite tight.

Have a peek at our Vlogs, there are only two up as yet but it will give you an idea of our shapes!

That's interesting to know.

In 2015, I couldn't get in the test seat for either Rip Ride Rocket or Hulk (so didn't bother queuing)

We are out here now and did Seaworld yesterday. Didn't fit the test seat for Kraken [ but did get in the modified seat - row 4/5 - with the help of one of the workers ] and got on Manta and Mako quite easily.

Does this bode well for me trying Hulk and RRR, when we go to Universal tomorrow, do you think ?

And do you know if Hulk and RRR have modified seats on them ? And if so which rows ?

Edited at 10:49 PM.
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
That's interesting to know.

In 2015, I couldn't get in the test seat for either Rip Ride Rocket or Hulk (so didn't bother queuing)

We are out here now and did Seaworld yesterday. Didn't fit the test seat for Kraken [ but did get in the modified seat - row 4/5 - with the help of one of the workers ] and got on Manta and Mako quite easily.

Does this bode well for me trying Hulk and RRR, when we go to Universal tomorrow, do you think ?

And do you know if Hulk and RRR have modified seats on them ? And if so which rows ?
If you ride Kracken and Mako you will 100% be able to ride Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket.

They both have modified seating... I believe Mako is the tightest of them all, so you should be fine x
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sarkyone
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Just to let you know I fitted easily on both Harry Potter rides and in the test seat for Flight of Passage ... not been lucky enough to ride it yet...
sarkyone is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sarkyone View Post
Just to let you know I fitted easily on both Harry Potter rides and in the test seat for Flight of Passage ... not been lucky enough to ride it yet...
That’s awesome what size are you? Hope you don’t mind me asking. We have a FP for FoP tomorrow and I’m terrified I won’t fit! Hope you will be able to bag yourself a FP for it soon! X
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List