Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Apr 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey68 View Post
Thank you that’s good to hear!
You're welcome Look forward to hearing about the flight, I'm going with TUI from BHX on September 1st
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickey68 View Post
Flying from Birmingham in just over 2 weeks. For those who have flown from BHX who did you use for pre travel lft’s? Or who have you booked if flying soon? Prefer an in person test and have found Express test at the airport or Randox in the city centre. Any opinions welcome thanks 😊
We used express the evening before and it was super quick and easy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mermaids View Post
We used express the evening before and it was super quick and easy
Thank you for the positive feedback. Keep holding out hoping we won’t need to test but it’s getting close now so think we will have to get the tests booked. We are close enough to go the day before and then hopefully finish the packing!
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am interested in anyone who has hired a car and had to return it full where you filled up.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ShamuLvr View Post
You're welcome Look forward to hearing about the flight, I'm going with TUI from BHX on September 1st
I will try to post my thoughts when we return. No issues when we previously flew TUI BHX to Sanford so hopefully the new route will be fine too!
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
I am interested in anyone who has hired a car and had to return it full where you filled up.
I believe I read from a couple of people (on here or another thread), that there's plenty of gas stations close to the airport on the drive up. 😊
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
I believe I read from a couple of people (on here or another thread), that there's plenty of gas stations close to the airport on the drive up. 😊
Thank you I will have to look on google maps for research
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
I can update on our return but sure others who have already returned can help sooner! After we got stung with a large petrol charge after not being able to find a petrol station outside of Boston and running out of time DH has already checked nearby petrol stations to Melbourne and assured me there are plenty!
Old 28 Apr 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

We have just arrived in Florida (BHX-MLB) and currently on the TUI transfer coach to our hotel.

We had a fantastic experience start to finish. We flew in premium (no one next to us, yay!) and the cabin crew were very attentive, they must have served drinks at least 8 times if not more, and were very generous often offering two drinks at once if you wanted.

Flight was 8 hours 20 to Melbourne.
We were off the plane within 10 minutes of landing and straight through to collect cases. You do this before passport control.

Cases took about 10 minutes and Passport control 5 minutes!
Our officer was smiley and relaxed and just commented on my wife’s hair colour and waved us through after a quick photo and passport scan 😊
No questions at all. Such a difference to some of the grumps at MCO. All staff were welcoming us to Florida and wishing us a great holiday.

Straight out to the transfer coaches where a bag of crisps, water and cookies was given and we were on our way.

Apparently the drive will take 85 minutes, about half way through so far. So good to be back!

Edited at 10:58 PM.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Premium meal (not sure if it was the same in economy)
Beef in ale.
The other plates are cous cous and cucumber salad with hummus.
Cheese and crackers and a lemon pot. All enjoyed.

Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List