Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jun 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do WDW again May 2022 - Day 2 Epcot and AK

As we’d already smashed three parks (yes I want a medal), we decided to have a slow start today before heading to Epcot for a lunch reservation and then going on our first visit of the holiday to Animal Kingdom.

Day 2 - Epcot and Animal Kingdom

We had breakfast at Kona Cafe at the Poly. We hadn’t booked, just walked up and were seated within 5 minutes. I had the Tonga toast and could barely eat a quarter of it! It was yum but I’d prefer it without banana.

We had some more pool time before heading into Epcot. I was loving how much resort time we were already getting, it was a much better balance than our first trip. It made the cost of the Poly just slightly less offensive

Were you even on holiday if you didn’t take a hot dog leg photo?

After that lovely chilled start, we had a lunch reservation at Epcot to get to. I’d booked Via Napoli as Heath would live on pizzas if we let him! We actually kept trying to go back but never got in again, this is definitely a hot ticket reservation!

Heath loved the Disney play app and we often deployed it when waiting for stuff…enjoy this wonderful photo he took of me for it while on the monorail to Epcot.

We ordered a large pizza for lunch and thank god Mark stopped me from ordering an even bigger one as we’d still be eating it now!

We enjoyed this and it was fun to go to a park for lunch and then move on…but everything is so spread out and it was so hot…we were sweaty messes!

We’d been booking passes during lunch so had Navi and FoP ready to go once we got to AK. We caught the bus straight from Epcot.

I love the Pandora rides so much, even poor Navi! The shaman gets me every time. And Flight of Passage makes me cry happy tears, such a wonderful feeling when you’re swooping around, plus the music and the smell - just love it!

After those rides we headed to the Nomad Lounge (I kept having to leave the wait list because it was ready too early! It was definitely not too busy) - it was lovely to sit and chill with some drinks and churros.

We had a safari genie+ next - on our way to Africa, we saw one of the flotillas they do now. Like the small parades and cavalcades, these are such a great way to add some fun to the parks. I love them and really hope they stick around.

It was so hot, we just sat and sweated through the entire safari. It was fun but the lions were nowhere to be seen as they were far too sensible to be out in that heat!

Then it was time for Heath’s fav - Kali river rapids. He loves this ride so much! We got soaked which was delightful in the hot weather.

This was the start of an awkward trend of me always being in a white top when I got wet, really needed more strategic thinking on the outfit choices!

I had a quick spin on Everest - the backwards bit gets me every time! Heath and Mark refuse to do this one.

We did a one of the super zoom shots offered by PhotoPass on our way into Asia but I’m not sure I can upload the video here, so here’s the photo bit instead

We got some animal kingdom mystery pins on our way out.

And then it was time to go home for a bit more pool time - yes we spent thousands and our child just wanted to be in the pool the entire time!
The face of someone not paying any bills:

Tomorrow, we’re rope dropping AK and having dinner at Disney Springs.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a giant pizza

Joan
Old 13 Jun 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That was a giant pizza

Joan
I know - can’t believe there’s an even bigger version! It was lovely.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Holoholovaka
Being a bit Goofy

This is a brilliant trip report, and it’s so useful to see one with a child the same sort of age as mine. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it.
Holoholovaka is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holoholovaka View Post
This is a brilliant trip report, and it’s so useful to see one with a child the same sort of age as mine. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it.
Thank you so much! It’s a lovely chance to relive it all too. I’m off work from tomorrow so I’ll crack on with some more then.
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Heath is really loving the pool isn't he? Max and Kate always did too...The poly looks gorgeous in all your photos. Great that you could get a walk up for breakfast at Kona. The Tonga toast is always raved about, but it looks very sweet to me, I do have a sweet tooth, but I'm not sure I could face it first thing. Nipping in for pizza at Via Napoli seemed like a good idea, but I'm guessing it ended up being a bit of a chore as it was so hot and there really is no nipping anywhere in wdw as it is all so spread out! Still it was worth it to see Heaths face at the size of the pizza. Nomad lounge is a favourite of ours, I think you sat on our seats! Right at the end of the terrace? Anyway, your drinks and churros looked lovely.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Heath is really loving the pool isn't he? Max and Kate always did too...The poly looks gorgeous in all your photos. Great that you could get a walk up for breakfast at Kona. The Tonga toast is always raved about, but it looks very sweet to me, I do have a sweet tooth, but I'm not sure I could face it first thing. Nipping in for pizza at Via Napoli seemed like a good idea, but I'm guessing it ended up being a bit of a chore as it was so hot and there really is no nipping anywhere in wdw as it is all so spread out! Still it was worth it to see Heaths face at the size of the pizza. Nomad lounge is a favourite of ours, I think you sat on our seats! Right at the end of the terrace? Anyway, your drinks and churros looked lovely.
He got so much pool time, he was thrilled! And it did make it feel a bit more like a relaxing holiday so it was good for all of us.

You’re so right about “nipping in” - that does not happen in WDW! But we all enjoyed our pizza so it was worth it!

This was our first time to Nomad Lounge but not our last, it’s a firm favourite now.
Old 6 Jul 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
What a great trip you've been having. Loved the photo of your son's face when he saw the giant pizza! Our kids are the same too - favourite part of the holiday is the pool time!
Old 6 Jul 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
What a great trip you've been having. Loved the photo of your son's face when he saw the giant pizza! Our kids are the same too - favourite part of the holiday is the pool time!
Pool and pizza, leaving their dream lives!