Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 10, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bevc
VIP Dibber

We went once to see what it was like as we always like to have an open mind on things.

We stayed a very short time and wild horses would not drag us back. We thought it was a totally unpleasant place for all of the reasons mentioned earlier and could find no redeeming features about it at all. There are plenty of places to see Gators in the wild or in much better captive conditions than this!

Bev C
bevc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 10, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

not sure whether to pencil this in or not...nothing to do with the way in which the gators are kept tho...afterall we all wear leather shoes/belts etc...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
robby-99
Very Serious Dibber

I would never go cos I think its a bit cruel but I won't watch the Shamu show at Seaworld either. I love Seaworld but after watching the show think its very degrading for the Whale. I know I'll get shouted down that it's different but not by as big a margin as you'd like to think.
robby-99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 10, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm going to Florida for the first time in just over a month, and this is a place both myself and DS really would like to go to. HAving read this thread, I'm in two minds now...will have to give it some thought, maybe have it on the reseve list
Old 27 Feb 10, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Cant see a problem myself, I dont find it any different to any of the zoos Ive been to here in the UK. And no doubt those that knock the place will be giving their hard earned to Disney Animal Kingdom, Seaworld and Busch Gardens.
To actually go to a park like Seaworld but refuse to watch just one of the shows because you dont agree with the principal is a tad pointlss IMO, if a park does something that you dont agree with, isnt it better to boycott the WHOLE park , The Shamu show is no more cruel than the bird show, Pets Ahoy, Wild Arctic etc etc.

We eat pigs and cows, Australians eat Kangaroo, Koreans eat dogs and some south American countries eat Guinea Pigs, japanese kill whales and Canadians club seal pups to death. Florida's natural resource along with beef is alligator.
I wonder how many people on here have eaten Veal... I used to work for a Veal producing farm many years ago, and Ive also worked in the pork and beef farming industry. Go take a look at some of the farms here in the UK [not the nice ones that are open to the public]... it might just put you off meat for life. Abbatoirs are a real eye opener, especially the religious ones. Ive been to Jewish but not Islamic, but the principal is just the same. Kebabs and chicken from the local curry house will be Halal killed meat.

Stuart

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 10, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

I thought the place a bit tacky the only time we went in 92.
I did eat some gator nuggets at pearls smoke shack and have to say they were very tasty
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 10, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Originally Posted by churchy View Post
I thought the place a bit tacky the only time we went in 92.
I did eat some gator nuggets at pearls smoke shack and have to say they were very tasty
Must admit, Suzie[bonelady] my other half didnt really like it when we went in 2001, and as such we have never been with the girls. But some reassurance came to us via Jools and Dollar bill last year. Jools didnt like the place either, but they have now visited since the big fire and Jools says it has been transformed into something she now likes.
I aint tried Gator yet ...is it anything like Chicken...lol

Stuart

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 10, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

Gator tasted more like pork than chicken to me . If its been revamped we might give it another visit
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 10, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Good point made earlier. How many people will go to Sea World and nor Gatorland? What is the difference besides the taste?
Old 27 Feb 10, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
fintywalker
Imagineer

fintywalker's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
exactly, agree with above, no-one discusses love or hate Seaworld do they? Personally I have never been to Seaworld (just never found the time) but have been to Gatorland and THEY do, no matter what anyone thinks, save gators that would otherwise have been killed by Floridians for terrorising neighbourhoods. To me sitting on a gator by the keepers is no different to the trainers being lifted by Shamu etc, they are all doing unnatural things in the name of entertainment, SO if you have morals of this persuasion stay away from ALL zoo's etc.