Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Aug 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great so far!

Yes you can get Vanilla Bean Frapuccino in the UK

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day 3 breakfast at Gasperilla grill and dinner at Mama Melrose at Hollywood studios.

We had a lie in and grabbed some breakfast for the first time from the quick service- gasperilla grill. Mike found the hot breakfast items a bit limited but opted for the breakfast burrito wrap which came with tater tots
Ben went for the chocolate twist
and Brooke and I both had cinnamon rolls
they were huge and delicious! The 3 pastries came to 1 quick service and with mikes breakfast it made 2 quick service credits used and we used 2 snack credits on 2 drinks.
When we got to Hollywood studios mid afternoon we all fancied a snack and I had seen that there a lightning McQueen cupcake in some places so we went on the hunt for one for 'cars' mad Ben
he enjoyed it but got in such a mess with it! Brooke wanted a bag of sweets, Mike went for a mickey cookie
and I had heard good things about the carrot cake cookie and it didn't disappoint

We had a 7.15pm reservation for Mama Melrose and I hadn't booked a fantasmic package as I couldn't get a time after 6pm and we wanted something later so we just thought we were going for a normal meal but our lovely server asked if we wanted the fantasmic package so of course we jumped at the chance ( just wish I could remember her name) so this meant we now could get a starter, Main and pudding.
She brought us some bread rolls which was yummy and still warm

For starters Mike and I had carne d'italia flatbread
Ben had a piece of this as well as it was just like pizza!
For mains Ben had pizza ( no surprise there) but I can't seem to find a photo of it. Brooke had pasta and sauce

I had chicken parmigiana
and Mike had 'saltimbocca'
- pork tenderloins with proscuitto, sage, fontina cheese, Tuscan mashed potatoes, broccolini ( Americans love their broccolli) and lemon caper sauce!
For pudding kids got ice cream
and we each got a dessert sampler- blood orange cake, lemon cheesecake with passion fruit pearls( which were just weird) and tiramisu
neither of us like tiramisu, so we left that but the orange cake was nice and so was the lemon cheesecake after we had taken the pearls off! We didn't finish any of them though because we were too full!
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Great so far!

Yes you can get Vanilla Bean Frapuccino in the UK
Thanks that's brill! May just have to have a wander in sometime now!
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I had that pork saltimbocca and it was yummy. I hope you made it to Fantasmic it's my favourite nighttime show.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

All looks yummy
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Nice start Looking forward to more.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Day 4- ohana's breakfast, planet Hollywood

We had breakfast at ohanas today whichwe all enjoyed! It was just over a 5 min walk from the Grand Floridian and we all had our photo taken with stitch. 4 table service credits.
We were brought out some fruit and pineapple and coconut bread to begin with.
I don't like coconut so I wasn't going to try it but I did and it wasn't very coconuty. Then our big bowl of breakfast came which included waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, potatoes, ham and biscuits. Mike said these were the best scrambled eggs ever! We all demolished it and asked for more but without the potatoes and biscuits this time! We couldn't finish the second lot though
we were there about 1hr 10 mins and really enjoyed the character interaction.
At Disney springs we stopped at Starbucks and used 3 snack credits on a choc chip muffin for Brooke, a choc chip cookie for Ben and I had a slice of lemon cake
Mike was still full from breakfast.
We went to the he rooftop of the Coca Cola shop and got the tastes of the world drinks tray. This was 12 drinks on 2 trays and cost $10 OOP.it was fun, some we liked and some we didn't

We had a dinner reservation at planet Hollywood and I know some people on here haven't been very impressed with it but we enjoyed it here. Mike had a normal choc milksahake
( which wasn't included in the dining plan) but it was fine we asked so we knew. I had LA lasagne
which was yummy and what I always have at planet Hollywood but I couldn't finish it! I'm sure Mike had the original zinger burger
Ben had kids pizza
and Brooke had chicken fingers and fries
for pudding the kids got ice cream and Mike and I got a brownie cheesecake Star jar each
it was yummy but we couldn't finish them as we were too full.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
Old 18 Aug 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Loving this so far! And wow, staying at the Grand Floridian for your first trip - how amazing!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Breakfast at Ohana looks tasty. But I'm glad you still had room for snacks at Starbucks

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Some more nice meals.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List