Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Mar 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Two Dibbers And A Baby Food Report- May 2018 Updated 08/06/18

Hi all,

We go to Orlando on the 7th May 2018 for 14 nights staying at Disney's Saratoga Springs.

We have purchased the dining plan but will be eating a couple of meals offsite as well. There are so many new restaurants since our last visit, so we are excited to try some new places and a couple of old favorites.

The Cast:

Myself (Lucy)- I'm not going to lie I'm a really fussy eater so my menu choices won't be the most interesting. Each trip we have been to WDW, I have got more adventurous with my food so I'm hoping to do the same again this trip

John DH - Total opposite to me and is a right foodie. We have recently found out that John has a dairy intolerance so that's another new thing for us to adjust to this trip.

Aiden DS- Aiden will only be 6 months old, so he probably won't feature much in the report.

We only decided on the DDP last week so all our ADR's were made within the last 7 days. We managed to get everything we wanted but we did have to be flexible with our times and dates.

Breakfasts

Chef Mickeys:
On our first day, we are having brunch at Chef Mickey's. John and I did this on our last trip and we were both pleasantly surprised with the food quality and choice.

John wasn't too impressed with the noise level here and said we couldn't return unless we had children. Since then we have had our first son and we both agreed it would be a good way for us to start our first family holiday as Aiden can meet all the fab five at once.

Garden Grill
Garden Grill for breakfast is a firm family favorite for us. We prefer meals that are served family style and it seems more relaxed plus we tend to eat more at them.

I've heard they have stopped serving the carved ham which is a shame but there is still plenty to chose from in the platter

Be Our Guest
After a week of checking, we finally managed to get a reservation for Be Our Guest. We have been before for Breakfast and Dinner, personally, our previous experience at breakfast was better forgotten.

Last time we paid OOP and the food was lukewarm at best. However, it is good value when on the dining plan as its only a QS credit. We aren't able to get into Be Our Guest any other time so we decided to go back and try different entrees

That's all the breakfast ADR's we have made for this trip. We will be going offsite to Denny's and possibly Ihop, just because we won't be going back to Orlando for a couple of years so we need to get our fix while we can

I'll post the lunch, dinner, and signature ADR's we have booked over the Easter weekend.

Thanks
Lucy x

Edited at 10:01 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Tangled88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting, your first trip as a family! I hope you all have a brilliant time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
looking forward to it
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Ooo looking forward to following along. I hope you have a lovely holiday!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Following!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

Will look forward to reading this. You have a few breakies different to us so will be a grest read in preparation for next year. Hope you have a fab hol 😀
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting, your first trip as a family! I hope you all have a brilliant time.
Thank you so much, just wish the time would go quicker lol x

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
looking forward to it
Thank you xx

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Ooo looking forward to following along. I hope you have a lovely holiday!
Aw thanks so much xx

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Following!
Yay thank you xx

Originally Posted by slaleyhall View Post
Will look forward to reading this. You have a few breakies different to us so will be a grest read in preparation for next year. Hope you have a fab hol 😀
Thank you, happy planning for next year. I'm always sad when I don't have a disney holiday to plan xx
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Hi all,
Thank you for the replies already I really appreciate it. This will be a slightly longer update as it’s both our lunch and dinner options

Lunch:

Sanaa:

We have been to Sanaa before in 2015 after reading loads of positive reviews. The main reason we went was for the bread service, so it kind of ruined our meal when our server forgot to bring it! Turns out at the same time we arrived, so did a party of 8 and guess who she paid the most attention too? Yep the party of 8! However, we really want to try the restaurant again and we are hoping it will be a huge success this time, time will tell.

Kona Café:

This is a totally new restaurant for us, John really likes the menu and I’m really looking forward to looking around the Polynesian in daylight.

Crystal Palace:
This is technically Aiden’s choice, as we are going purely for the characters. He really, really likes Piglet and I think the fact its buffet should making it easier for us, as we can take it in turns who’s watching Aiden. We have never been for lunch before, so we are looking forward to seeing the food options.

Planet Hollywood:

This is the one reservation I’m not 100% sure on but we had a table service credit left to use. We love Disney Springs so we end up spending a lot of time there, so thought we would give Planet Hollywood a try. The reviews are quite mixed, so who knows how it could turn out.

Chef Art’s Homecomin:

I read Brett, Jo and Marceline’s trip reports and immediately knew we had to try this place after seeing the pictures of their food. Every review I have seen since its always so positive so this is one of the ADR’s I’m most looking forward too. This is also one of the only places we plan on having a starter

Turf Club Bar + Grill:
You don’t see many reviews of this restaurant, but it’s the table service restaurant in our hotel so we wanted to give it a try.

O’hana:

We went here for the first time on our honeymoon and I’m not sure if I overhyped it in my head but I was so disappointed! I’ve convinced myself it’s me, as so many people rave about the place so it’s made the list for this trip. Also, alcohol is now included on the dining plan, so it would be rude not to have a Lapu Lapu

Boma:

This is a late entry as it was only added to the list yesterday. We have been to Boma for breakfast before but never dinner. We have been fortunate enough to have stayed at AKL before and Boma always looked rammed, so I’m hoping that’s a good sign that the food is amazing

With only 25 days to go, I am so excited! Ekk. I will do the final update of our Signature restaurant picks over the next few days.

Thank you 😊
Lucy
Old 11 Apr 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Fab report. We are arriving at Saratoga on the 18th may with our 13 month old and 2 girls 4 & 5. Will be following this excitedly. Not long to go for you now xx
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Such a shame that your bread service got forgotten at Sanaa. Glad you're giving it another go as it was one of my favourite meals on our trip last year!

I enjoyed Ohana but I don't think it's a must do for me. Quite a chaotic, noisy atmosphere and it felt quite rushed. The food was amazing though!

Very jealous of Boma - would love to go!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List