Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Apr 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I follow a dermatologist on Instagram ( Dr Anjali Mahto ) anyway she has posted on her Instagram story today that they are looking for volunteers for participants for an acne treatment! So may be worth considering if you are close by? skin55/sebacia-uk-trial/ She has a book just out as well which looks fab!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Try Silver Serum from The Skin Shop. It’s fantastic stuff. It strips the bad bacteria from the skin but replaces it with good. It’s great for cystic spots and overall skin condition. I use it as I started getting hormonal spots in my 40’s and it’s cleared them up a treat. I also take DIM supplements - it’s worth a google! They are a natural hormone regulator x
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Accutane but I've heard it can cause infertility. I know someone that took it and they had very very bad acne and this cleared it after years of other trying various other products. If you google Accutane before and after on images... just found this link, bless her. acne/messageboard/ga...s-of-accutane/

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Bridget is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluefairy95
Trying for More Ears

I had very bad acne on my face and back for a few years - tried all the creams from the GP and ended up having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics they prescribed me - which left me with a painful rash which was worse than the acne. The main thing ive found that helped my face was nip and fab which has glycolic acid in [you can get other brands]. I wash my face, tone, use nip and fab and then moisturise. You do have to use sunscreen when going out though as it leaves your skin sensitive. The oral contraceptive pill also helped settle things down - not sure if your daughter would consider this as it comes with its own side effects. Hope that helps a little! I've had friends who have found roaccutane and its been marvellous for them but it is strong and can have some side effects. x
Bluefairy95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Accutane but I've heard it can cause infertility. I know someone that took it and they had very very bad acne and this cleared it after years of other trying various other products. If you google Accutane before and after on images... just found this link, bless her. acne/messageboard/ga...s-of-accutane/
You can’t get pregnant whilst using it as it causing abnormalities in the baby, ladies usually have to use two forms of contraception as they would be advised to get an abortion.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

My son was on lymcycline for 3 months but it didn’t do much, go then put him on erythromycin and we are at the 3 month mark next week and spots are just about gone we are so pleased so hopefully we will get another 3 months supply !
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

MY DD had acne well into her 20s and finally got great results, believe it or not, from a soap from Lush called Fresh Pharmacy.