Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 14 Apr 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Winter Park

I am thinking of swapping our day at The Mall at Millennia for a day at Winter Park. Lots of the shops are the same and most importantly they have a Cheesecake Factory! It looks a beautiful place but we won’t have a car. If anyone has been could you advise me on the layout of the town centre. We would Über there and back (from Disney area) but go by foot around the shops and restaurants. Is this a viable option?
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

You need to look at GoogleMaps for the layout.

The main shops people go to, plus the Scenic Boat Tour, are near the station on Park Avenue. The Cheesecake Factory is in a separate outdoor mall called Winter Park Village a mile or so away. I wouldn't have said the shops are the same as Mall at Millenia. Those on Park Ave are small independent ones, hence the attraction.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
You need to look at GoogleMaps for the layout.

The main shops people go to, plus the Scenic Boat Tour, are near the station on Park Avenue. The Cheesecake Factory is in a separate outdoor mall called Winter Park Village a mile or so away. I wouldn't have said the shops are the same as Mall at Millenia. Those on Park Ave are small independent ones, hence the attraction.
Thank you! I Googled walking directions from William Sonoma/Pottery Barn/Lily Pulitzer etc to Cheesecake Factory earlier. It says it will take 24 mins walking so I was wondering if the walk was a ‘doable’ one along nice streets or if it was all main roads (couldn’t get the street view working!). It sounds from what you mention about it being in a mall that it may not be suitable for walking to. Thanks again!
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Why not catch the new(ish) commuter train Sunrail from Sandlake Road it stops right in the centre of Winter Park, it only cost $3.75 return, we have done it several times and we sit upstairs on the train to get a great view.

sunrail/tickets-suncards/tickets/
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
Why not catch the new(ish) commuter train Sunrail from Sandlake Road it stops right in the centre of Winter Park, it only cost $3.75 return, we have done it several times and we sit upstairs on the train to get a great view.

sunrail/tickets-suncards/tickets/
This sounds fantastic! I’m off to have a look right now. Would love to visit Winter Park, it looks lovely. Thank you!
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Another vote for catching the train - it is definitely worth it. We also enjoy a visit to Kilwins which is double trouble as they make superb fudge and chocolates and have great ice creams.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. This is why I love the Dibb! Looks like it’s a train ride to Winter Park with delicious ice creams to boot. Sounds like a pretty great day to me!
Old 15 Apr 18, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I got tickets for the scenic boat ride from groupon, I also visited the Tiffany glass museum, it was only $5 to get in.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

If you did choose to walk from Winter Park to Winter Park Village it is mainly through a residential area.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tiggers friend View Post
If you did choose to walk from Winter Park to Winter Park Village it is mainly through a residential area.
Thanks, that is good to know. We enjoy having a nosey at Florida homes and pretending to own one!