Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Jan 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Cancelling existing rental booking

Hi Guys,

I rented out my points for 2020 to various American families. I currently have a reservation booked for a family from 6-11 Feb in AKL using 70 vacation points. There are 34 days to go, what happens to the points if I cancel the vacation now? Do they go into holding and what does that mean. Could I resell the booking as an already booked vacation and just modify details? Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Hi Guys,

I rented out my points for 2020 to various American families. I currently have a reservation booked for a family from 6-11 Feb in AKL using 70 vacation points. There are 34 days to go, what happens to the points if I cancel the vacation now? Do they go into holding and what does that mean. Could I resell the booking as an already booked vacation and just modify details? Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA
They only go into holding at 31 days.
Holding means you can only use those points for bookings in the next 60 days (I think it also stops them being able to be banked?)

If you cancel now you'll get them back (i'm assuming they expire in May 2022 - extended Riviera points?)

You can resell an exiting booking, just jump on Chat and the CM can change the details in a few minutes.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
They only go into holding at 31 days.
Holding means you can only use those points for bookings in the next 60 days (I think it also stops them being able to be banked?)

If you cancel now you'll get them back (i'm assuming they expire in May 2022 - extended Riviera points?)

You can resell an exiting booking, just jump on Chat and the CM can change the details in a few minutes.
Hi, they're not Riviera points they're points from AKL and yes, my use year is June so they'll expire at the end of may. They may have been my 2021points actually ( I get so confused)!

Do you think if I cancel them now they will be given back to me?

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Hi, they're not Riviera points they're points from AKL and yes, my use year is June so they'll expire at the end of may. They may have been my 2021points actually ( I get so confused)!

Do you think if I cancel them now they will be given back to me?
You will get them back, bear in mind availability between now and end of May is pretty low (being only 70 points you should still be able to offload them).

I'd do a quick search and book any weekend nights you can get - much easier to sell on the Facebook group.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
You will get them back, bear in mind availability between now and end of May is pretty low (being only 70 points you should still be able to offload them).

I'd do a quick search and book any weekend nights you can get - much easier to sell on the Facebook group.
I think I might advertise this booking. Its 5 nights in AKL in Feb. See if anyone wants them, if not ill cancel and see if anyone wants the odd day. Thanks x

KELLEA
Old 4 Jan 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Did the Americans say why they are cancelling? I read something else yesterday about Americans cancelling DVC bookings due to Covid. Are there more restrictions coming in that are putting people off? High case numbers in Florida worrying them?

I’m only asking as I have two reservations to rent on David’s and after having had two sell straight away, there hasn’t been any interest in the other ones as yet.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Did the Americans say why they are cancelling? I read something else yesterday about Americans cancelling DVC bookings due to Covid. Are there more restrictions coming in that are putting people off? High case numbers in Florida worrying them?

I’m only asking as I have two reservations to rent on David’s and after having had two sell straight away, there hasn’t been any interest in the other ones as yet.
I have just sold a 6 night Poly reservation for end of March. I had a lot of messages but most wanted the points for very low cost $12 or $13! They all said they wanted it cheaper due to masks etc! As not the same experience 😕. I don't know if that's just excuses for a bargain or general feeling?

There are also a lot of cases in Florida at the minute so I guess some are getting put off! There was a 4 night Feb reservation on the FB page for effectively $9 a point at AKL! 😱 crazy price!
Old 4 Jan 22, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I have just sold a 6 night Poly reservation for end of March. I had a lot of messages but most wanted the points for very low cost $12 or $13! They all said they wanted it cheaper due to masks etc! As not the same experience 😕. I don't know if that's just excuses for a bargain or general feeling?

There are also a lot of cases in Florida at the minute so I guess some are getting put off! There was a 4 night Feb reservation on the FB page for effectively $9 a point at AKL! 😱 crazy price!
i totally agree with you Its feeling a bit like when the pandemic first started and the groups were filled with cheap reservations and points, owners are dropping their price per point to try and sell over somebody else.
i've got points to rent and im dreading it from the lack of studio availability and the time wasters or bargain hunters
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I don't know if that's just excuses for a bargain or general feeling?
It's excuses.

There are plenty that can afford the rack rate, never mind the half price DVC.

I held firm on all my bookings, during the first lockdown I undersold my points and vowed I'd never do that again.
Old 5 Jan 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

I just rented two reservations for May@ $20pp. Both sold within an hour.