Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Apr 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JMor
Trying for More Ears

Benefits of QSDP over DDP

We had the DDP last time we went. Thinking of having the QSDP next year; we didn’t do a lot of research into Quick Service restaurants last time, and ate wherever we were passing when out and about. I kind of like the idea of not having to make ADRs, are there any other benefits you can think of? Also, we seemed to make choices last time that had the usual burgers, nuggets etc (as I said, we did almost no research on Quick Service) - is there actually plenty of variety to be found? Thanks.
JMor is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

There's loads of variety on the qsdp, but you do need to do a bit of research to avoid constant burgers, nuggets etc. We've had a dining plan 5 times now and I've not eaten a single burger! We like the flexibility, and prefer to stick with it and just pay oop for a few TS meals, plus upgrading from QSDP to DDP would cost us £952 for 2 weeks now.

I wrote a QS food report during our trip last year that you might find a useful read: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1013966

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Aha I see Vickie loves2plan has answered, she is the goddess of qsdp. The benefits for me would be no tipping, no booking, eat when and wherever you are rather than the possibility of having to interrupt your day by going to a restaurant.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

I did the maths and definitely works out better for my family to do QS rather than the regular DP. I know people who will say that they only paid an extra 17 pounds each to upgrade but remember that you will be losing around $60 each day in a quick service credit for a family of four. We will pay for table service restaurants out of pocket and enjoy the flexibility of eating when and where we like for the rest of the time. Everyone is different, but in our case this is the best option for us.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We have had both but I do like the QS plan as you can just eat when you want too I don't eat burger's or chicken nuggets, I really like Wolfgang puck, Blaze Pizza, Columbia Harbour House the salmon is alway really nice in MK, Yak&Yeti in AK, Sunshine season and Tangierine Cafe in Epcot the only park I struggle is HS so usually go over to the Broadwalk Bakery for sandwiches. This year are on the DDP but have booked 4 signature meals so we have a few free days.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
I did the maths and definitely works out better for my family to do QS rather than the regular DP. I know people who will say that they only paid an extra 17 pounds each to upgrade but remember that you will be losing around $60 each day in a quick service credit for a family of four. We will pay for table service restaurants out of pocket and enjoy the flexibility of eating when and where we like for the rest of the time. Everyone is different, but in our case this is the best option for us.
What do you mean ‘losing $60/day’

We prefer QS. We don’t like five tidied to ADRs, we love the various QS options and no tips. It works for us but if you want sit down ADRs more than a few times then I’d look at upgrading.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JMor
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Perfect, thanks guys! We enjoyed DDP, but think QSDP will give us more flexibility, especially since we’ll be travelling at a peak time. Good to hear it’s not all nuggets and burgers!
JMor is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another fan of QSDP here - we actually don't mind a burger & nugget or two, but we've also enjoyed a variety of other things - inc flatbreads, normal pizzas, hot and cold sandwiches, breakfasts, pasta dishes and even a steak. Disney Springs is brilliant for Quick Service options and we head there for breakfasts and evening meals many times during our trips. I've also got a food report from last year (link here if you fancy a look).

Edited at 08:48 PM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ming
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
We would like to try quick service next time. It’s a pity you can’t downgrade from DDP to quick service if you want to book a delux hotel. We would happily stay at Boardwalk with a quick service plan on free DDP.
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ming View Post
We would like to try quick service next time. It’s a pity you can’t downgrade from DDP to quick service if you want to book a delux hotel. We would happily stay at Boardwalk with a quick service plan on free DDP.
You can use TS credits at QS. Most people advise not to since it's a terrible use of them at face value but if they were free, you're not really losing anything. And in some ways, you'll end up saving a little since you won't have to tip on those compared to using at TS.

Alternatively rent points for BWV and purchase QSDP through that, or just pay OOP. Probably end up cheaper than the resort side with the free dining, although depends how many of you there are.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List