Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Aug 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

8 days to go and the excitement has well and truly gone!

Our wee dog goes to Doggy Day Care 3 days a week while I'm at work. I got a call on Monday morning to say that there had been an incident and my poor wee Dash had been hurt. (Please note that this was a one off incident and Dash loves going there)

They took him straight to the vets and they have washed out the wounds and put some staples in. He has a bite on his nose and a larger one above his eye as well as a puncture wound in his mouth.

He is not allowed out for the next couple of days and staples due out next Wednesday. We are meant to be heading off on hols first thing Thursday morning!

Dash was going to stay with the Doggy Day Care people while we were away and have said that they are happy to do vet visits etc. but I can't help feeling totally deflated about going away and leaving him.

Louise
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

On no! So sorry to hear about Dash - poor baby must be really sore It's awful when your "babies" get hurt and I can totally understand how you feel. It's a bit of a Catch 22 as you don't want to leave him but you also have to go on holiday. Would they be prepared to take photos/videos and WhatsApp them to you? One of our walkers does this most days just for fun but it's a good way of checking on him without it costing a fortune. Hope Dash heals quickly.

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh no. My dad gs go to doggy day care on a Wednesday and a different kennel for holidays. I would be furious if they were hurt and wouldn’t go there again.

However eight days, school holidays, hard to find a new kennel I expect. Is there a relative or friend that could take him? I would explore that option maybe.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hipthehippo View Post
On no! So sorry to hear about Dash - poor baby must be really sore It's awful when your "babies" get hurt and I can totally understand how you feel. It's a bit of a Catch 22 as you don't want to leave him but you also have to go on holiday. Would they be prepared to take photos/videos and WhatsApp them to you? One of our walkers does this most days just for fun but it's a good way of checking on him without it costing a fortune. Hope Dash heals quickly.
Thank you.
They're are very good at keeping us updated with photos. I'm not great leaving him at the best of times let alone now. Its so difficult isn't it.

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Oh no. My dad gs go to doggy day care on a Wednesday and a different kennel for holidays. I would be furious if they were hurt and wouldn’t go there again.

However eight days, school holidays, hard to find a new kennel I expect. Is there a relative or friend that could take him? I would explore that option maybe.
This is the first time they've had anything like this happen the other dog had been coming to them for 7 months with no issues but Dash and some of the other dogs were playing with a toy and she just flipped for some reason. They have a one strike and your out policy so she will no longer be allowed back.
There is no one else who could take him unfortunately and to be honest I do trust them 100% and they are devastated by what has happened.

Thanks

Louise
Old 1 Aug 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

Flipping autocorrect. My dad definitely does not go to doggy day care on a Wednesday. Just the dogs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I would spoil Dash with lots of love and attention over the next week.

The stitches will be out before you leave so he will be well on the mend by then. And you can be sure he will be looked after extra well after the incident.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Poor Dash, sending him lot's of floofy cuddles and treats!

Our little Jack Russell, Jess, was bitten by another dog out of the blue. It was horrible so I can completely feel your pain. Do you have a member of family who may be able to have Dash for the holiday or partly? That way you know that he is okay and being well looked after - not that he wasn't, but I can understand being even more worried for him now and wanting to make sure he's in the safest environment.