Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jul 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

At the table so not hunched over a tray.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Just me, DH and DS (age 19mths). We always eat at the table and have done since DS was born (had a from birth highchair).
Might be a coincidence but DS is fantastic at eating out and has great table manners for a toddler
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
When we had a small house for years it was TV dinners in the living room but we only had a fold up table and chairs at that point. Then we had two high chairs. When the kids got older I insisted on a table in the kitchen but it had to have chairs hideaway under, when it was in use you couldn’t get into two drawers, cupboard or back door so we tended to use it for just the kids.

Now we have moved I have finally got the dinning table I’ve always wanted, it’s in the middle of my kitchen and this is where we have eaten every meal bar one since we moved here 5 months ago.

So are you in the TV dinners, table or other.

Would do a poll but I’ve forgot how to
No phones no iPads at dinner table and TV off. Rule absolute in our house. We haven't had a TV dinner in 22 years of marriage. Trying to instill some respect in my DS regarding this and I think I'm getting through although with phones it becomes increasingly difficult

Old 23 Jul 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

We eat at the tables most times. Food on the lap is reserved for takeaways. Its nice to catch up on the day as a family. Saying this our little one is only four so after reading some of these posts going to carry on as much as possible. It sounds like the older they get the harder it is.

I love it just nice family time. My little one helps me set the table we all just what and catch up.

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJim View Post
At the table for us, & DD11 always says “thank you, please may I leave the table” at the end.
She's going to be wild when she gets to 18 and realises it isn't the norm

Old 23 Jul 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Mainly at the kitchen table, sometimes in the dining room and if I’m alone I’ll have a TV dinner.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t have phones while eating. I have said no tv in the kitchen although hubby thinks he wants one in there I definitely don’t.
Unfortunately as we don’t have other forms of childcare then the shifts we do are opposite each other so it can be quite difficult to get everyone at the table at the same time but I’m glad we have the space for the table now even if it’s just three of us most days.

I remember having to ask if I could leave the table. My two just sit there until I tell them to move it’s very comfy so they are probably happy just to sit.

Couldn’t have managed it in the old house like we are doing now. Can’t believe how much I didn’t actually want to move.
Actually wish the kids had been born in this house instead would have been miles easier.
When they were under 2 they both had highchairs in the old house and you couldn’t get any kinda table then.
Also i was kinda stuck to the sofa with the youngest as she was bf and unfortunately didn’t stick to any kinda times so we used to feed eldest put her to bed then have ours late.

Feel so old. A kitchen table makes me happy 🙄
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

If it's just me ( like this evening I ate my dinner on a tray watching TV
If DS or anyone else it's up the table
I'm decorating the kitchen at present and the contents have been decanted into the dining room, but one end of the table still clear and useable
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Almost always at the table for us. I get indigestion trying to eat sitting on the sofa and our cats would just be constantly trying to steal the food!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
We eat at the table ... but I failed miserably on table setting. Cutlery in pot here.
I waited tables in my teens so the table setting stuck. I, sadly, have to have the mats the right way round.

I believe eating meals at a table gives people more confidence when eating out. You learn simple things such as why keeping your elbows to yourself is necessary and which cutlery to use.

I teach my children the important lesson the dinner ladies taught us at school, when you finish your meal, put your cutlery together at twelve o'clock so that the person clearing the table knows you have finished.

Kitchen tables are great, meals, homework and the very messy arts and crafts.

Edited at 12:47 AM.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List