Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Updated! Anyone else waiting to hear what secondary school their child will go to?

As the title really.
My ds is the oldest and we will hear on Friday which school he will be going to. Unfortunately he is not very bright and did awful on the test, so we are hoping he will get in on location to the nearest secondary school.
I didn’t think I would be so anxious over it, but I woke up at 5am having a nightmare about him going to a terrible school. 😬

Edited at 02:59 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Allaboutdisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Yep, we are also on count down now. It seems to have gone so fast since we applied back in October. I feel so nervous about it now though and can’t wait to hear.
Allaboutdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
As the title really.
My ds is the oldest and we will hear on Friday which school he will be going to. Unfortunately he is not very bright and did awful on the test, so we are hoping he will get in on location to the nearest secondary school.
I didn’t think I would be so anxious over it, but I woke up at 5am having a nightmare about him going to a terrible school. 😬
Oh bless him for not being “very bright” as you put it . He might blossom as he gets older and starts to enjoy a wider range of subjects and find a couple that really interest him.

Fingers crossed and please let us know how he gets on ! Xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Oh bless him for not being “very bright” as you put it . He might blossom as he gets older and starts to enjoy a wider range of subjects and find a couple that really interest him.

Can agree with this. My eldest was born at the very end of August and struggled massively all through primary school. Since starting secondary, he’s gone from strength to strength. He’s now in Year 9 and has started his options and he’s enjoying school so much more.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that he gets a place where he’ll be happy. ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allaboutdisney View Post
Yep, we are also on count down now. It seems to have gone so fast since we applied back in October. I feel so nervous about it now though and can’t wait to hear.
I know it has gone quick, but I put it down to being busy at uni. 😂
Good Luck, I hope you get the school you want.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post

Thank you for your kind message. He’s good at geography and p.e but unfortunatly the world revolves around maths and English 😔. He is a brilliant boy in so many other ways. 🙂.
I will update here on Friday.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Can agree with this. My eldest was born at the very end of August and struggled massively all through primary school. Since starting secondary, he’s gone from strength to strength. He’s now in Year 9 and has started his options and he’s enjoying school so much more.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that he gets a place where he’ll be happy. ☺️
Thank you! He’s has struggled through school all his life 😔. I hoping when he chooses his options and maybe put into classes for maths and English that are based on ability he will get on better.
I’m glad your son is enjoying school more now. That gives me hope.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Have you applied for a grammar school? We didn't have any tests for none grammar. Good luck for Friday, its an awful waiting game, I have been through it twice and still have another 2 in primary.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
alexf86
Getting Excited

Mobile

We find out Friday too. Just want to know now so we can get plans in place.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
shell1970
Excited about Disney

We find out Friday too. It's an anxious wait isn't it?
shell1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List