Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 May 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmy-google
Excited about Disney

I think we have to expect face masks for the next couple of years. Just from the practicality of the time it takes to prove a level of immunity exists, how long it lasts and how long it takes to get a vaccine out (if it even arrives) and distributed on a large enough scale.
TDR - 2019
jimmy-google is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jimmy-google View Post
I think we have to expect face masks for the next couple of years. Just from the practicality of the time it takes to prove a level of immunity exists, how long it lasts and how long it takes to get a vaccine out (if it even arrives) and distributed on a large enough scale.
I'd be surprised if masks were compulsory by next October. Frankly I'd be surprised if they were compulsory for more than a few months. Its unenforceable- when the first day of summer hits and the entire park takes their masks off, which will happen, what will they do? Empty the place? Close for the day?
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jimmy-google
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
I'd be surprised if masks were compulsory by next October. Frankly I'd be surprised if they were compulsory for more than a few months. Its unenforceable- when the first day of summer hits and the entire park takes their masks off, which will happen, what will they do? Empty the place? Close for the day?
If people don't and there is a spike triggered at the park, it worse deaths are linked to contracting it at WDW, then the park will close. There are a lot of cast members at WDW in the high risk category.

I think they'll policy it like party bands, you won't get far without a mask on. It's very much enforceable.
TDR - 2019
jimmy-google is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

I wonder how social distancing + rope drop will work

We rope dropped Pandora twice on our last trip in 2018 and the thought of that crazy scrum staying 2m apart is laughable (and a bit scary!)
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
I wonder how social distancing + rope drop will work

We rope dropped Pandora twice on our last trip in 2018 and the thought of that crazy scrum staying 2m apart is laughable (and a bit scary!)
😄 totally !
Are the shows, like Lion King and Nemo, going to be on ? Lion King queue was another I thought was always a pain.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
The employees' union requires masks for everyone as a condition. So yes. If guests don't comply, they will empty the parks and close the place.
Masks aren't just some random request. There is a very serious health crisis going on. They are trying to avoid the parks becoming a teeming petrie dish of disease. If people can't wear a mask, or don't want to endure the discomfort (that would be me, frankly), don't come.
I think masks will be compulsory for the rest of 2020. Can't begin to guess about 2021. Hopefully not!

Edited at 11:37 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
The employees' union requires masks for everyone as a condition. So yes. If guests don't comply, they will empty the parks and close the place.
Masks aren't just some random request. There is a very serious health crisis going on. They are trying to avoid the parks becoming a teeming petrie dish of disease. If people can't wear a mask, or don't want to endure the discomfort (that would be me, frankly), don't come.
I think masks will be compulsory for the rest of 2020. Can't begin to guess about 2021. Hopefully not!
Maybe but masks don't actually do anything! If you are holiday for 14 days aswell you will just continue spreading anyway as your not going to wash it everyday day or have one for each day they don't stop you or delay catching the virus just people been scared that's all it is. I think when it causes more hassle and health issues to be wearing them in the heat then they will re-evaluate the mask maybe in phase 2
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Maybe but masks don't actually do anything! If you are holiday for 14 days aswell you will just continue spreading anyway as your not going to wash it everyday day or have one for each day they don't stop you or delay catching the virus just people been scared that's all it is. I think when it causes more hassle and health issues to be wearing them in the heat then they will re-evaluate the mask maybe in phase 2
Your personal opinion about masks is irrelevant.

This is a Union mandated rule for the safety of employees in a private company on private property.

As more and more business reopen in UK, Ireland, USA and all the other countries, this is what businesses are requiring. If you want to use the service, buy a product or enter a company building you will be required to wear a mask.

If you take issue with that, take your business somewhere else.

Businesses are putting the welfare of their staff over profits and customer / guest experience.

This is how the world will be and people just have to accpet it.

Whether it is your local pub, restaurant, hairdresser, Tesco, B and Q, Police Station, Church / Place of Worship , car hire, clothes shop, theatre, cinema, Alton Towers

or places like Disney World and Universal studios,

masks will be required.

One of my clients is a fabric shop / dressmakers in Dublin and she will reopen her shop at the end of June. When she reopens all customers who go into her shop to buy fabric or to use the service of the dressmaker will be required to wear a mask. This is now on her website and social media, a long with other new procedures.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Yes, but frankly, that's a moot point. Currently the CDC says to wear masks. And if you're in the USA, you have to follow CDC guidelines. Disney certainly will, and their employees will.

There has been no indication at all from the CDC that masks will not be required in Phase Two. So the chance that Disney will reevaluate masks in Phase Two is slim to none if the CDC holds firm.

We'll have to see if the CDC changes, but my state is actually getting ready to go into Phase 2 soon and our governor has mandated the continuation of masks in all public places. So that's an indicator.

Edited at 12:25 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
Masks aren't just some random request. There is a very serious health crisis going on. They are trying to avoid the parks becoming a teeming petrie dish of disease.
Thanks for that, living under a bridge ive not seen the news for a while, i thought this was all about a mild cold...

The science behind facemasks is weak at best. They would be much better focusing their efforts on handwashing and perhaps face covering indoors.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List