Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
I've connected there a few times and I find it busy and hectic and slow.

But I also found the connection in Philly hectic too, we had 3 hour layover and I always feel time is running out, it may just be me.

One year coming back from MCO we were delayed due to a thunder storm. We missed our flight at JFK with Virgin, we were stranded, it was 9.30pm and the airport was empty of staff, there were 20 plus people who missed the flight, it was awful.

I would take direct every time over a connection.
Did Virgin get you home eventually? Did you get money back for missing the flight? This is what stops us trying indirect so would be interested to know what they offer when this happens.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Mobile

Booked today! Luckily my sister gave me a heads up as I wasn’t expecting our dates to be available yet but there they were so we jumped on them...
21/8-1/9
3 adults and one 1 child (age 13)
LGW-MCO direct
£2374 inc bags booked direct with BA

I might have been able to find better by looking around more or going indirect but I’m happy that it’s done and I no longer have weeks stalking net flights ahead of me.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PMM
Helping Minnie

Dublin -Tampa

Just booked Dublin-JFK -Tampa July 7th to 28th.
2 adults, 1 teen €1614 (£1432). Very happy with that 😊
PMM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shall80
Trying for More Ears

I'm still debating whether to wait for the mid Oct drop (at least I've got my fingers crossed) or jumping in now!

They're approx £800 with BA but that includes car hire for 4 weeks, direct from Gatwick...What do you guys think? 22nd July - 19th August. I'm trying to tell myself that due to the car hire, it's probably a £650 ish direct flight?

Will be glad when this bit of the planning is over with as I'm the most indecisive person ever
Shall80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Shall80 View Post
I'm still debating whether to wait for the mid Oct drop (at least I've got my fingers crossed) or jumping in now!

They're approx £800 with BA but that includes car hire for 4 weeks, direct from Gatwick...What do you guys think? 22nd July - 19th August. I'm trying to tell myself that due to the car hire, it's probably a £650 ish direct flight?

Will be glad when this bit of the planning is over with as I'm the most indecisive person ever
Why not check on Avis how much car hire is - this will give you an indication of flight prices.
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lexie32 View Post
I booked a BA flydrive 15/8/20 to 31/8/20 economy on the way out premium economy on the way home, lgw to tpa direct with standard suv for £3020 for some reason it was cheaper over the phone than online!

Was originally going to do Miami/ Florida keys and Orlando but these prices changed our plans and now all change to a Clearwater/ Orlando trip!

Also booked Gatwick valet parking for £71 for the 14th to the 1st much cheaper than the £185 we paid in 2017 when we booked last min!
You're on the same flight as us going out 😁
Did parking too, long stay Gatwick south £51.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 07:01 PM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyPete View Post
Playing flight bingo at the moment - have always been DIYers and have flown indirect ,however I would like to have some opinions around a connection time of 1hr 25 mins on way back at JFK ( no immigration to do obviously). Not done a connecting flight at JFK - do people think this is do able ? Only done connections in PHL and ATL and usually leave around 2 hrs on the return journey.
There’s success stories too, we’ve connected coming home a couple of times through jfk and found it very simple, even with changing terminals the one time. I’d happily book a 1 hr 25 connection.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shall80 View Post

I’m looking at exactly the same as you, just returning on the 21st August. 2 adults, 2 children. I’m getting prices of £3,684 LGW-MCO and £4000 LGW-Tpa. Common sense tells me that the TPA route should be cheaper than the mco route, so i’m wondering if the outbound prices will drop a little. Watching the prices fall yesterday seemed to start at Sep and work backwards to around 4th August.
I’m tempted to book, but at the least I want £400 off the MCO price. I’ve been refreshing the searches all day, and will keep an eye tomorrow, but I’m wondering if Monday will bring a fresh round of price cuts. 4 weeks is really hard to book for because of the fear that the outbound flight will be sold out by the time the return is available. I fear the reverse of it!

Whatever happens, Virgin Atlantic prices will be released next week hopefully, so that may heat up the competition a little.

Fingers crossed. I just want this booked so I can get back on with some work to pay for it all!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Has anyone noticed on ba site they often get the £100 extra discount the wrong way round in the price breakdown calculation?

So instead of adding £100 discount off they've got the sign wrong way round adding £200 back on price!

I can see this as it is the opposite to the book together discount.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kevans
Excited about Disney

wow some of you are getting some amazing prices, I must be doing something wrong net flights are giving me crazy prices
BA are a joke with their prices and route options
Am I doing something wrong, I am looking at mid to end of August, or first few days in September, all help greatly appreciated
kevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List